18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 01-06-2016, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Secord View Post
When looking at the two together, the R's runner has a big gentle U shaped curve with no interruption to give the air the smoothest route of travel possible. The H2 has a 90 degree bend in it straight to the air filter and that whole housing thing wrecking shop. Looking at it the H2's filter location is like a dam in the middle of the Mississippi or the difference between a garden hose and a fire hose. Just the airflow disruption from all that stuff in the way alone has got to be half the problem. The impeller size is the same obviously - it just comes down to how much smooth, clean air you can put in front of it.
I think its also not just the volume of air you can get to the SC opening but the pressure it is at. The streetable H2 filter and tube with holes half way down it limits ram air pressure in front of the SC opening compared to the R. I would like to see some performance upgrade parts in that area for H2 ...thanks for posting.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 01-06-2016, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
I think its also not just the volume of air you can get to the SC opening but the pressure it is at. The streetable H2 filter and tube with holes half way down it limits ram air pressure in front of the SC opening compared to the R. I would like to see some performance upgrade parts in that area for H2 ...thanks for posting.
With a centrifugal compressor at the end of the intake, I doubt ram air makes a huge difference, but of course I could be wrong.

To me the shape of the duct and the size of the filter determines the turbulence and therefore the pressure drop between the intake and the supercharger inlet.
Even minor changes in the shape of the inlet port can make the flow behave very erratically, which could even stall the supercharger if enough flow is not achievable.
Cliff Secord likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page