23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The information about rider weights is interesting. I'm around 14 stone, or 90 kilo, plus a bit when kitted up. My race leathers etc probably add another stone.

The H2 accelerates so strongly that rider weight has a lesser effect than on many other bikes. Look at it this way, if you can't get onto full throttle without it wheelying then rider weight is not a factor.

My H2 needs to be in fifth gear before I can get anywhere near wide open throttle, even then it needs care. Believe me, when doing a standing-mile top speed run and it's still trying to pick the front up at over 180 mph you have enough power.

By far the biggest limitation to a high top speed on the H2 is it's poor aerodynamics.

I have Don's flash 1 which is the early version and it still has the 13,000 rev limit. Since my bike's peak is at 12,000 it's geared accordingly. However, since I have already set the UK records for the Stock class I am considering the supercharger gears as a way to be competitive in the Modified Stock class - but I will probably need the later ecu flash and I assume it will need a lot more fuel. Does anyone know where the limit is with the standard fuel pump and injectors?
Bob I have mine set at 14,400 but I would add the auto tuner and the gears and be done with it. that way you set it where you want and don't have to worry about it. my bike was the first H2 Don had and scince then has made some real nice changes but you need to be careful where the timing is if your planning on the stage two gears. You don't want it to start to detonate that wouldn't be good....

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST CF Wheels
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic system & BST CF Wheels
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2015 KX250F
2007 Suzuki LTZ400 out to 440cc
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Turbo329, who tuned your bike? I'm in the uk and thinking of using a company called Pcr as they are local to me and have done a few h2's with good results. They have not done one with gears yet and are a little apprehensive. I believe they use ftecu but not 100% on that. They do however set up the bike on a dyno and have a very good reputation. What should I look out for? Also, who did you buy your gears off? Thanks for the help and advice.

Bobc, I'm probably the heaviest person on a h2. I find I can really get on the throttle early as I can manoeuvre my huge mass around well, I'm very flexible, so this helps with wheel spin/wheelies. Obviously the down side is the bike will ultimately be slower carrying more weight and I do have problems at high speed tucking in
post #23 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Turbo329, who tuned your bike? I'm in the uk and thinking of using a company called Pcr as they are local to me and have done a few h2's with good results. They have not done one with gears yet and are a little apprehensive. I believe they use ftecu but not 100% on that. They do however set up the bike on a dyno and have a very good reputation. What should I look out for? Also, who did you buy your gears off? Thanks for the help and advice.

Bobc, I'm probably the heaviest person on a h2. I find I can really get on the throttle early as I can manoeuvre my huge mass around well, I'm very flexible, so this helps with wheel spin/wheelies. Obviously the down side is the bike will ultimately be slower carrying more weight and I do have problems at high speed tucking in
Vmax,

I tuned my bike on the dyno with the help of my friend who runs a dyno tuning center. I started with the Flashtune 2016 ECU File which derestricts the ECU, makes fueling changes, but NO TIMING changes.

Then I did a custom map with those settings with the Brocks Alien Head Slip On.

Once I threw the Stage II gears on, I was given 2 baseline PCV maps by another forum member and I used those as a starting point for my most recent custom maps that I did.

Now I'll be heading back with the Vandemon full system to complete another Custom map.

I have maps for the following settings:
  • FTECU 2016 Flash, Brocks Alien Head Slip On, Rev Limiter at 13,500rpm - AFR at 12.5 ***CUSTOM MAP***
  • FTECU 2016 Flash, Brocks Alien Head Slip On, Rev Limiter at 13,500rpm - SC Gears Stage 2 - AFR at 12.2 - BASELINE MAP
  • FTECU 2016 Flash, Brocks Alien Head Slip On, Rev Limiter at 13,500rpm - SC Gears Stage 2 - AFR at 12.8 - BASELINE MAP
  • FTECU 2016 Flash, Brocks Alien Head Slip On, Rev Limiter at 13,500rpm - SC Gears Stage 2 - AFR at 12.4 ***CUSTOM MAP***
None of my maps require adjustment to the Secondary Injectors.

post #24 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So after setting up on dyno would I still need Pcv?
post #25 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
So after setting up on dyno would I still need Pcv?

The PCV is tuned at the dyno.

No flash file will get you the perfect AFR setup. It'll just get you in the ballpark.

There are two ways to go about tuning. You can adjust the fueling with the Flash software or you can use a PCV.

Let your tuner decide the method that he prefers.
post #26 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you. It'll likely be a couple months by the time it's done but I'll post results. I'm tempted to fit exhaust and gears myself but have been told the exhaust can be difficult and may need 2 sets of gaskets to seal. Also, I'm a little concerned about gears coming loose. Any tips?
post #27 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you. It'll likely be a couple months by the time it's done but I'll post results. I'm tempted to fit exhaust and gears myself but have been told the exhaust can be difficult and may need 2 sets of gaskets to seal. Also, I'm a little concerned about gears coming loose. Any tips?
Check this out https://youtu.be/hyeqvU06q9Q will help you make your mind up. Make sure loctite and leave to dry. There plenty on H2 forum saying what to use.
post #28 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How is your bike running nick? Not much chance to use it with the weather I suppose. Mine ain't been out in over a month
post #29 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickjc001 View Post
Check this out https://youtu.be/hyeqvU06q9Q will help you make your mind up. Make sure loctite and leave to dry. There plenty on H2 forum saying what to use.

Just a word of caution. The method Rickey used in that video (although effective) does not adhere to the service manual.

For starters:
  • When using his method, caution must be exercised when removing the SC Chain tensioner so as not to damage the cylinder #4 injector. Service manual indicates that the tank, airbox, and throttle body should all be removed.
  • All gaskets (tensioner gasket, clutch cover gasket) should be changed
  • Torque specs should be adhered to for the clutch hub nut and the supercharger sprockets (in the vid he claims his air gun was calibrated)
...just sayin'
post #30 of 153 Old 12-29-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page