post #11 of 142 Old 12-26-2016, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidroy1 View Post
Hey Racer172 on the track, and the street, with your setup,
Is your bike always staying cool? Thanks
Yes, so far. I've been careful not to keep it up in the high RPMs for extended periods. Usually doesn't go above 200f. At one point on the track a couple weeks ago I was out there for 20+ min. pushing hard and it climbed to 220f so I took 1 cool-down lap and boost temp came down. 230-240f is the danger zone for meltdown. I will be installing the intercooler soon.

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Velocity Stacks .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. SBS brake pads .. Lightech gas cap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 142 Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So, I noticed, bear racing do a stage 1 gear which is a small increase in boost and just changes the top gear. Might do this with the flash, filter and exhaust for this season and then go further, if necessary, this time next year. Any thoughts/experience with bear racing products?
post #13 of 142 Old 12-27-2016, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
So, I noticed, bear racing do a stage 1 gear which is a small increase in boost and just changes the top gear. Might do this with the flash, filter and exhaust for this season and then go further, if necessary, this time next year. Any thoughts/experience with bear racing products?
Not sure but be good to see results. I set the goal to beat my 153bhp at PCR racing dyno I know you up for the challenge.

post #14 of 142 Old 12-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a full set of wings from Bear and his communication and customer service is top notch. I don't have any gears installed, but Bear Racing manufactured the RG62 gears so the experience should be consistent.
post #15 of 142 Old 12-27-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nick, 153 will be easy to beat! The challenge has been accepted?
Nickjc001 likes this.
post #16 of 142 Old 12-29-2016, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Quote:
I saw that also.... I'm thinking of doing the stage one also. I already have Dons flash and auto blipped down and my own AKR system with a ton of light weight mods including BST wheels. I'd love the stage two but I want it completely safe and don't want the added weight of the intercooler set up or the potential hassle of the lower gear bolt coming loose. Quite frankly she's more than enough now but what's a little more lol. I just picked up the new Ducati 1299S Anniversario so I'm splitting some time with her and will give me a chance to add the gear and have the map checked to be on the safe side.....
STRADALE and Land_Speed1k like this.

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST CF Wheels
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic system & BST CF Wheels
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2015 KX250F
2007 Suzuki LTZ400 out to 440cc
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
post #17 of 142 Old 12-29-2016, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Garage
The information about rider weights is interesting. I'm around 14 stone, or 90 kilo, plus a bit when kitted up. My race leathers etc probably add another stone.

The H2 accelerates so strongly that rider weight has a lesser effect than on many other bikes. Look at it this way, if you can't get onto full throttle without it wheelying then rider weight is not a factor.

My H2 needs to be in fifth gear before I can get anywhere near wide open throttle, even then it needs care. Believe me, when doing a standing-mile top speed run and it's still trying to pick the front up at over 180 mph you have enough power.

By far the biggest limitation to a high top speed on the H2 is it's poor aerodynamics.

I have Don's flash 1 which is the early version and it still has the 13,000 rev limit. Since my bike's peak is at 12,000 it's geared accordingly. However, since I have already set the UK records for the Stock class I am considering the supercharger gears as a way to be competitive in the Modified Stock class - but I will probably need the later ecu flash and I assume it will need a lot more fuel. Does anyone know where the limit is with the standard fuel pump and injectors?

Last edited by BobC; 12-29-2016 at 06:12 AM.
post #18 of 142 Old 12-29-2016, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The information about rider weights is interesting. I'm around 14 stone, or 90 kilo, plus a bit when kitted up. My race leathers etc probably add another stone.

The H2 accelerates so strongly that rider weight has a lesser effect than on many other bikes. Look at it this way, if you can't get onto full throttle without it wheelying then rider weight is not a factor.

My H2 needs to be in fifth gear before I can get anywhere near wide open throttle, even then it needs care. Believe me, when doing a standing-mile top speed run and it's still trying to pick the front up at over 180 mph you have enough power.

By far the biggest limitation to a high top speed on the H2 is it's poor aerodynamics.

I have Don's flash 1 which is the early version and it still has the 13,000 rev limit. Since my bike's peak is at 12,000 it's geared accordingly. However, since I have already set the UK records for the Stock class I am considering the supercharger gears as a way to be competitive in the Modified Stock class - but I will probably need the later ecu flash and I assume it will need a lot more fuel. Does anyone know where the limit is with the standard fuel pump and injectors?
To answer your last question, I'm running the Stage II SC gears with only the lower injectors spraying more fuel with the PCV. I've had no issues with fuel starvation relating to fuel pump limitations. I used the dyno as my testing ground. I believe they say you should upgrade the fuel pump when you go stage III. I get 66-75 miles on a tank now with the Stage 2 depending on how hard I'm thrashing it. Definitely a guzzler for sure, but I've had no starvation issues.
post #19 of 142 Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How about heat? I spoke with Pierre at bear racing and he said it will be fine. What's your experience?
post #20 of 142 Old 12-29-2016, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
How about heat? I spoke with Pierre at bear racing and he said it will be fine. What's your experience?

Heat is an issue for H2's in general.

Here are my thoughts/opinions on the Stage 1 and 2 in bullet point format:

• Highway droning at a steady pace - Heat is not an issue
  • Track Day sessions of 15 minutes - Heat is not an issue
  • Drag Racing at the strip - Heat is not an issue
  • A Single Top Speed Run - Heat is not an issue
  • Moderate RPM Canyon runs - Heat is not an issue
  • Dyno Sessions. Bike needs to cool down periodically - Heat is an issue
  • Fast Highway runs at redline for 30+ miles - Heat is an issue
  • Hard riding in the dead of summer - Heat is an issue
This is just off the top of my head based on my personal experience. This list could obviously grow down the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page