6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-30-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Throttle Maps

Has anyone been playing around with throttle maps? I've been editing mine a lot to smooth out the throttle with varying degrees of success. Just to see what would happen, I flashed a 100% linear throttle map and giving it a lot of gas just makes traction control go nuts, so obviously that's not quite the ideal solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-30-2016, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
If you still have the stock system, or an exhaust with a Lambda sensor, it's a waste of time doing mixture below 4000rpm on a PCV. The lambda sensor will just lean it off again. Dynojet don't make an 02 eliminator for the H2 yet.

If you're remapping the ECU then it's different.
post #3 of 19 Old 08-30-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
If you still have the stock system, or an exhaust with a Lambda sensor, it's a waste of time doing mixture below 4000rpm on a PCV. The lambda sensor will just lean it off again. Dynojet don't make an 02 eliminator for the H2 yet.

Ah, should have clarified, full system without O2 sensor and I'm flashing the ECU with Woolich.

post #4 of 19 Old 08-30-2016, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
If you look at throttle position from the perspective of the butterflies the maps apparent non linear curve is probably very linear airflow wise. From many previous posts what most seem to want is to calm down the partial throttle response so it is less twitchy. Massaging that map curve should be able to accomplish that. I think increasing the curve is the direction you want to go.

By making the map linear your airflow is probably ramping up too quickly and unleashing the beast only to slam into the KTRC cage :-)

Ive been waiting for the log box pro thought it would be along already... :-(

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2

Last edited by Kawiguy454; 08-30-2016 at 06:55 PM.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
If you look at throttle position from the perspective of the butterflies the maps apparent non linear curve is probably very linear airflow wise. From many previous posts what most seem to want is to calm down the partial throttle response so it is less twitchy. Massaging that map curve should be able to accomplish that. I think increasing the curve is the direction you want to go.

By making the map linear your airflow is probably ramping up too quickly and unleashing the beast only to slam into the KTRC cage :-)

Ive been waiting for the log box pro thought it would be along already... :-(
Very interesting to hear. I'm fairly new to tuning so I fully admit I don't know what I'm doing, but I kept wondering what the heck the point of such an uneven curve was. I'll be getting a custom tune as soon as possible but in the meantime I'm just messing around a bit. My main goal is to make mid-corner throttle smoother for the track, since the stock throttle map is complete garbage for that.

Sorry to hear the log box hasn't shown up yet, that seems like a really trick system.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-31-2016, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
If you have the USB interface you can only tune it with a laptop attached and on a dyno, have it tuned by someone knowledgeable. Getting a good base tune wouldn't be a bad idea.

For DIY you need a LOG BOX and WB oxygen sensor, it can log your AFR and other parameters as you go for a run. When you get to pits you can look at that data and make corrective changes based on real world conditions. If you choose this route watch the videos and go to the forums and ask around for the right way to approach it before beginning. This is something you don't want to do wrong ...it could end in tears.

The log box is available now and logs std ECU parameters, The log box pro is what I'm waiting for ...i think it will have some cool extra stuff.
What is Woolich Racing AutoTune?

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #7 of 19 Old 09-01-2016, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
LOG BOX PRO
I haven't tried it yet on my bikes, but I think you could still log data with one of our old Log Box Pros, the v2. The issue you'll run into is flashing the ECU, the new ECUs do not like the older boxes, hence the release of the USB v3 and Log Box v3. I will try this out sometime this weekend since I am going to take some time off (birthday on Sunday followed up with Labor Day on Monday) and actually work on and try to enjoy MY bikes for once :P

The only real benefit of the Pro Log Box, in it's current form, over the regular Log Box is the additional inputs for the AD input/converters. Which, in all honesty may be beneficial as you could wire in a boost pressure sensor and have it monitor boost pressure along with whatever else you can imagine/desire. I have used the AD inputs for some pretty radical R&D projects on my personal bikes and we're in the works of releasing a highly specialized plug and play kit that will take advantage them as well. There are some pretty sweet features that will be coming in the new Pro boxes. I really want to tell you all, but can't. Sorry.

As far as ETA on the boxes, last I heard was we have the proofs from the PCB manufacturer and they are being put through debugging and QA now. Once they pass, then they will go to mass production and be out for release shortly thereafter.

Back into the shadows...
post #8 of 19 Old 09-01-2016, 04:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
By "throttle maps" I assume we're talking about fuel injection.

There's the other throttle map which Don Guhl posted a graphic of early last year, showing the fly-by-wire map closing the butterflies down above 10,000 rpm when you are still applying 100%. Fixed with a reflash.

Last edited by BobC; 10-04-2016 at 10:19 AM.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-01-2016, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Quote:

I disabled my O2 sensor and the bike still leans out the mixture. Wasted a lot of time at the dyno trying to get that low rpm sorted since with this bike it's common to spend lots of time at 3-5,000rpm.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-01-2016, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
By "throttle maps" I assume we're talking about fuel injection.

There's the other throttle map which Don Guhl posted a graphic of early last year, showing the fly-by-wire map closing the butterflies down above 10,000 rpm when you are still applying 100%. Fixed with a reflash.
I'm talking purely about the fly-by-wire map. I'll have to check my stock ECU file again since I don't remember mine being nearly as smooth looking as that one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page