6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 09-01-2016, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR-NA View Post
... I have used the AD inputs for some pretty radical R&D projects on my personal bikes and we're in the works of releasing a highly specialized plug and play kit that will take advantage them as well. There are some pretty sweet features that will be coming in the new Pro boxes. I really want to tell you all, but can't. Sorry.
Along with additional A/D I was also hoping for blip down shift enable which others have already done.
Enjoy your days off!

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2

Last edited by Kawiguy454; 09-01-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 09-02-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
Along with additional A/D I was also hoping for blip down shift enable which others have already done.
Enjoy your days off!
Woolich already has the autoblip with a Cordona strain gauge. I've got it on mine, it works fantastically!
post #13 of 19 Old 09-04-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Woolich already has the autoblip with a Cordona strain gauge. I've got it on mine, it works fantastically!
Thanks for that. I wasn't really clear I was hoping the software would enable a ZX-10 sensor to be used. The ZX-10 sensor is $175 #21176-0811 and the body looks to be a direct replacement into stock linkage hardware and I like it to look stock. They must all be similar tech as Guhl got one working in his ECU reflash only. I was hoping it would just be an additional option in The Woolich software without the sensor bundle.

2 x Yama RD350's
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2

Last edited by Kawiguy454; 09-04-2016 at 12:37 AM.

post #14 of 19 Old 09-04-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Thanks for that. I wasn't really clear I was hoping the software would enable a ZX-10 sensor to be used. The ZX-10 sensor is $175 #21176-0811 and the body looks to be a direct replacement into stock linkage hardware and I like it to look stock. They must all be similar tech as Guhl got one working in his ECU reflash only. I was hoping it would just be an additional option in The Woolich software without the sensor bundle.
It couldn't hurt to ask, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they both worked. WR-NA might be able to comment why they went with the Cordona.

Last edited by Knolly; 09-04-2016 at 11:58 PM.
post #15 of 19 Old 09-06-2016, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for that. I wasn't really clear I was hoping the software would enable a ZX-10 sensor to be used.
It has been swapped out because the OEM sensor on the H2 is unidirectional meaning it only works in one direction. Others out there have opted out for replacing it with an OEM, sensor off of the stock 16 ZX-10R which is bidirectional meaning it works in both directions. Which is fine, except that specific sensor isn't that great. Running the stock sensor on my 16 10R since February, I have had several instances where the OEM sensor cannot keep up with the downshifts and has had issues detecting some higher speed upshifts. Now for me, starting my approach and entrance to T1 at anywhere from 165-175 MPH, depending on my exit at T13, requires me to get back into either 1st or 2nd to properly hit my line and marks to make the best time and fastest speed through T1. I've had a bunch of instances where the sensor can't keep up and I end up in a gear higher than I should be causing me to be weak in that specific turn and lose time and have to find it back elsewhere on the track. It got to the point to where I just went old school and used my wrist's auto blip :P

It was not just me either... we have quite a few sponsored racers that had the same issues which lead us to replace the sensor with the upgraded unit. They all experienced the same thing and it was all rectified with the better quality sensor. Ever since switching out to the new replacement sensor late July, I haven't had any of those issues either with the QS not being able to keep up on extremely fast downshifts or on the intermittent non-detection at higher speeds in higher gears.

Reason we don't allow sensors from other manufacturers is say you purchase a sensor from Dynojet, enable it and it doesn't respond well. We could then spend the entire time troubleshooting the issue only to find out at the very end it was a problem with the sensor itself. So by keeping everything under the same set of controlled constraints, we are better able to diagnose and troubleshoot potential issues since everyone is using the same exact hardware and software which allows us to get to the root cause faster. Similar issue here, if we let people use the Kawi sensor and they start to experience issues, who would get the blame for the issues we've noticed with the OEM sensor? Definitely wouldn't be Kawi getting their doors busted in with people complaining. Luckily, these replacement sensors are about as tough and reliable as they come and have had nary an issue with them across all of the models we use them on. Would the stock 16 ZX-10R sensor work with our software? Yes. But would it work well? Not nearly as well as the upgraded replacement sensor.
Kawiguy454, selenap and Knolly like this.

Last edited by WR-NA; 09-06-2016 at 05:05 PM.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the real world info! I'll be picking one up shortly as the heat in AZ is just beginning to break.
WR-NA likes this.

2 x Yama RD350's
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #17 of 19 Old 09-06-2016, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
The Cordona strain gauge is really head and shoulders above the stock Kawasaki parts. I speak from experience having one. Woolich are not just trying to sell you a part.

They want your shifter to work as best as possible is why they are using this Cordona part.

Now Dynojet is a different story. When they first released the PCV in 2009 they made it so the quick shifter would only work with a normally closed switch because every switch sold on the planet at that time was normally open. Dynojet did that to force you to buy their part in order to just sell you a part. Years later they had to reverse this practice.

This is NOT what Woolich is doing.

That re branded Cordona strain gauge really is what you want, not the Kawasaki OEM part.
WR-NA likes this.
post #18 of 19 Old 09-06-2016, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I like it to look stock
In case it's helpful, here's the Cordona strain gauge on my bike:

If you want it to be as stealth as possible, the sticker would be really easy to remove.
WR-NA likes this.
post #19 of 19 Old 09-07-2016, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the real world info! I'll be picking one up shortly as the heat in AZ is just beginning to break.
Let me know when you decide to order it. We sponsor a race team based in Phoenix and I have been wanting to stop by for some track time with them. The wife and I were planning on moving back to AZ this fall as well, but instead opted for a trip to Australia for the Philip Island MotoGP round. So we will be back and forth over the winter as we have a few houses we want to check out and I want to run a track day at AMP and/or Inde over the winter before moving back to AZ for good. So, if you give me a heads up, I may be able to deliver it personally... save you some shipping costs :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page