17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 Old 10-17-2016, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon0721 View Post
The manual reports to disassemble the throttle bodies to remove the tensioner, but it's not necessary if you're skilled enough and have a bit of inventive.

Just wanted to comment on this. This is true. I ended up disconnecting the fuel rail (throttle body remained in place) and was able to get it out.

267hp is a really good result.
Simon0721 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 Old 10-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
I just installed my stage 2 SC kit today. I'm not running Brocks' though...
To be clear: Brock's Performance does not now and has never offered a Stage 2 SC (I'm assuming that means Supercharger) kit. We have had no part of any development or engineering of these gears or kits for any person or company.

If anyone wants to know where we stand on their use, they simply need to head to our web site, go to our FAQ's and type in supercharger gears.

We issued a statement many weeks ago.

Brock
Simon0721 and Boosted10R like this.

Last edited by Brock; 10-17-2016 at 12:07 PM.
post #23 of 44 Old 10-17-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
To be clear: Brock's Performance does not now and has never offered a Stage 2 SC (I'm assuming that means Supercharger) kit. We have had no part of any development or engineering of these gears or kits for any person or company.

If anyone wants to know where we stand on their use, they simply need to head to our web site, go to our FAQ's and type in supercharger gears.

We issued a statement many weeks ago.

Brock
Thanks Brock. I guess I should clarify my post. When I said I'm not 'running Brocks' I was referring to the Guhl Flash package you offer.
Brock likes this.

post #24 of 44 Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 PM

For those may be interested, I just got back from a test ride.

I did a little bit of backroads and some highway cruising with the occasional full throttle blast.

Boost temps stayed around 120-140 when I was riding twisties.

Boost temps jumped to 174 when I was on the highway droning along at 80mph

I don't know what Boost temps were when I held it wide open but it was very quick so I don't think it jumped to high.

Temps by me are just under 70* F

The bike is running leaner, I can feel it and there seems to be a flat spot in the eco-mode section of the powerband. The bike feels like it's always in the Boost now and it seems that the Supercharger is always chirping with extended chirps on deceleration.

The bike is noticeably louder, which I suspect is a byproduct of the velocity stacks.

Brocks' Clutch Springs work GREAT! The clutch is a tad heavier but it feels very positive and personally I prefer it over stock as I can feel the engagement and disengagement of the clutch much better.

The motor didn't seem stressed in any way at all. However, the real test is in the heart of summer when the temps and humidity are sky high.

I do so much riding at top end that everything over 120mph feels the same to me so I can't say the bike felt any faster. What I can say is that I definitely need dyno work to smooth out the powerband again.

Last edited by Turbo329; 10-18-2016 at 01:50 PM.
post #25 of 44 Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Great info, thank you gentlemen, I shall watch here for updates
post #26 of 44 Old 10-22-2016, 07:23 PM

I went to the dyno today. I'll be posting the vid and #s on my youtube channel later on tonight.

In the meantime, I have to point out something very important. When you are torqueing down the Supercharger bolts to hold the sprockets in place, make sure it's really secure. I've had the lower sprocket bolt back out on me twice so far. The 1st time I used Blue Loctite and it still didn't hold. Today after my dyno runs it vibrated loose again. I think I'm going to use Red Loctite this time around when I pull the clutch cover off this week.
post #27 of 44 Old 10-22-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
😵💩 scary
post #28 of 44 Old 10-23-2016, 08:25 AM

Videos have posted.

My numbers jumped from 217hp SAE to 251hp SAE with a near stock 13,500rpm rev limit.

A gain of 34 horsepower with stock ignition timing on the FTECU Flash.
Simon0721 likes this.
post #29 of 44 Old 10-23-2016, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
Videos have posted.

My numbers jumped from 217hp SAE to 251hp SAE with a near stock 13,500rpm rev limit.

A gain of 34 horsepower with stock ignition timing on the FTECU Flash.

Great numbers, and it seems that you are still running with the cat. For the bolts, the top one is easy to torque once everything is fixed, just need to put the bike in gear. The bottom one is trickier because there's no acces with the clutch fitted. I used a heavy duty green loctite and torqued the bolt with a 1/4" mini impact wrench, and so far it didn't come loose. Hope this helps.
post #30 of 44 Old 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon0721 View Post
Great numbers, and it seems that you are still running with the cat. For the bolts, the top one is easy to torque once everything is fixed, just need to put the bike in gear. The bottom one is trickier because there's no acces with the clutch fitted. I used a heavy duty green loctite and torqued the bolt with a 1/4" mini impact wrench, and so far it didn't come loose. Hope this helps.
I'm tempted to use red loctite.

I torqued it to 16 ftlbs which is 1 ftlb more than spec and I used blue loctite.

I rode it 50 miles with no problems and then did the dyno runs. When the runs were finished I could hear the bolt rubbing on the clutch so I know it came loose again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page