4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tuning/flashing uk bikes

Where are uk guys getting their Ecu flashed? I know Brock does it and seems to do it very well but I'm not comfortable sending my Ecu to the states plus a weak won't help at the moment.

My bike has only done 160 miles so far but last night I could resist no more and pinned it in 2,3 and 4!!! Wow, this thing is fast but I hate the idea of it being restricted. Hope I haven't broken anything by doing that? To be honest, I took it out for a 5 mile ride when I first got it, nice and gentle, then a 30 mile ride, a bit less gentle then since that it has seen 8k several time and 10k on the odd occasion but last night it got it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Where are uk guys getting their Ecu flashed? I know Brock does it and seems to do it very well but I'm not comfortable sending my Ecu to the states plus a weak won't help at the moment.

My bike has only done 160 miles so far but last night I could resist no more and pinned it in 2,3 and 4!!! Wow, this thing is fast but I hate the idea of it being restricted. Hope I haven't broken anything by doing that? To be honest, I took it out for a 5 mile ride when I first got it, nice and gentle, then a 30 mile ride, a bit less gentle then since that it has seen 8k several time and 10k on the odd occasion but last night it got it
My H2 has the Brocks flash, DNA air filter, and PCV with Brocks mapping (set up for std headers with Akrapovic slipon). Put simply, it works !

Sending an ECU away is a worry - it's an expensive item if it goes missing but if you use a courier it can be insured. Finish off running the bike in over the summer and do the upgrade over the winter so you don't miss any riding time !
remal likes this.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage
I second that. My H2's ECU went off to Brock, in fact this is the second one he's done for me as he also flashed my ZZR1400.

No worries about shipping, I used UPS.

I would doubt you've done any damage to your bike's engine. Modern production methods use such fine tolerances that it's virtually run in after a few heat-cycles. You should do it progressively anyway.

post #4 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that guys, I'll just wait until winter then
post #5 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:

Vmax+h2,

To actually answer your question, If you don't feel comfortable shipping your ECU to the US (I wouldn't want to ship mine overseas either), Velox Racing ( VeloxRacing.co.uk The home of Flash-Tune and Motorcycle Performance and Styling Parts in the UK and Europe ) out in the UK is a distributor for the FlashTune ECU flashing kit ( https://ftecu.com/ ) and they also offer a flashing service if you don't feel like flashing it yourself. Mike is great to work with and even answers emails on weekends in some cases.

I have the FlashTune kit in my bike and it gets the job done. I am pleased with it and FlashTune is very reputable.
post #6 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks turbo329. Do you know if I would still need a Pcv? Also, are their any direct comparisons between the flash tune and the guhl/brocks?
post #7 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just called these guys, seem very helpful and good prices. Approx 30 hp gain off the de restriction then you set the fuelling on a dyno. Sound about right?
post #8 of 19 Old 07-08-2016, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks turbo329. Do you know if I would still need a Pcv? Also, are their any direct comparisons between the flash tune and the guhl/brocks?

I would recommend the PCV. As far as direct comparisons, I've been in IT for 20 years and I assure you it's all the same when it comes to de-restrictions. The difference between the two primarily is that Guhl doesn't play with the fueling in his Flash because Brock provides the PCV+map as part of the package deal. I don't know if he plays with ignition timing at all. On the FlashTune kit, they made small timing changes at very small throttle openings to make it a tad bit more friendly but nothing major.

The FlashTune kit does give you fueling very similar to the H2R. I've found the fueling to be a tad rich up top (make sure you get the DNA Air Filter) so I had mine custom tuned on the dyno. If you go with the FlashTune setup shoot me your email address and I'll send you my custom map file to upload into your PCV. It should get you in the ballpark if you find the bike rich up top.

Here is a video I posted when I flashed my ECU:
rapidroy1 and remal like this.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-12-2016, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Guys

We have started working with a tuning company here in the UK in collaboration to supply and fit our H2R type exhaust systems as well as remap the ecu due to the exhaust swap out and the first bike is finished and developing a very healthy 252hp. I am with the guys on Thursday with my 285hp H2 to see what we can learn/play with and will soon be offering stage 1 (over 250hp) and stage 2 tunes (over 275hp). The work will almost be a ride in ride out (a day) and will transform your H2

Please email me andyj.tt3racing@gmail.com for more information
post #10 of 19 Old 07-12-2016, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post

.........The difference between the two primarily is that Guhl doesn't play with the fueling in his Flash because Brock provides the PCV+map as part of the package deal. I don't know if he plays with ignition timing at all. On the FlashTune kit, they made small timing changes at very small throttle openings to make it a tad bit more friendly but nothing major.

This is what the Brock Flash 2 gives you

Ninja H2 re-flash disables the following:
Decel fuel cutoff
Noise control
Exhaust servo
PAIR valve
O2 sensor
EVAP

Increased high RPM limit by 1000 RPM (same as H2R)
Aggressively modified ignition timing.
Elimination of high speed limiter (Speedo will read a max of
189 MPH/304 KPH, regardless of actual top speed)
Derestricted in all gears
Throttle-by-wire derestricted
Fan temperature lowered

The "throttle by wire derestricted" does refer to the fuel map which reduces the 100% fly-by-wire throttle opening above 10,000 rpm right up to the rev' limit on the stock bike. So while Don Ghul doesn't play with the fuelling he does allow the throttle bodies to follow what the twist-grip dictates.

Last edited by BobC; 07-12-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page