This is what the Brock Flash 2 gives you

Ninja H2 re-flash disables the following:
Decel fuel cutoff
Noise control
Exhaust servo
PAIR valve
O2 sensor
EVAP

Increased high RPM limit by 1000 RPM (same as H2R)
Aggressively modified ignition timing.
Elimination of high speed limiter (Speedo will read a max of
189 MPH/304 KPH, regardless of actual top speed)
Derestricted in all gears
Throttle-by-wire derestricted
Fan temperature lowered

The "throttle by wire derestricted" does refer to the fuel map which reduces the 100% fly-by-wire throttle opening above 10,000 rpm right up to the rev' limit on the stock bike. So while Don Ghul doesn't play with the fuelling he does allow the throttle bodies to follow what the twist-grip dictates.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification/confirmation. The FTECU kit does the same thing with the difference only being the fueling. As I mentioned, the default FTECU flash file makes a slight ignition timing change down low and removes the timing retard over 10,000rpm until redline.

I like the idea of being able to buy the kit myself and fine tune the adjustments as I see fit. For me, that was the determining factor when I spent the money. I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way though. For guys that just want to 'set it and forget it' the Guhl/Brock's package is of noteworthy consideration.

It seems that with either flash, you would benefit from the PCV. Although, the FTECU flash will get you in the ballpark with fueling until you fine tune the top end because it tends to run rich. Running stock fueling with the Guhl flash+exhaust+filter, without Brock's PCV tune might not be optimal and you may risk running lean. From what I've gathered, and I could be wrong, (maybe you or someone can chime in) the Guhl flash requires Brock's mapping whereas the FTECU can be run safely without a PCV map since it's on the rich side. However, FTECU without PCV, you are leaving about 10hp on the table which I know for certain from my dyno runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 07-12-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Great info guys, Aston jenks, what is included in your 252hp and 275 plus packages? Where in the uk are you based? Do you have a website? Thanks
post #13 of 19 Old 07-13-2016, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting thread, as i do intend to have my 2015 H2 tuned during the winter.

I'm having it dyno'd this Saturday to get a standard baseline, so what can i expect to see, circa 180bhp at the wheel??
(actually the bike on the dyno primarily for sound recording for a new video game which will be on sale soon).

post #14 of 19 Old 07-13-2016, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I would say closer to 200. Mcn dynoed one at 204 if I remember correctly?
post #15 of 19 Old 07-13-2016, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
The FlashTune kit does give you fueling very similar to the H2R. I've found the fueling to be a tad rich up top (make sure you get the DNA Air Filter) so I had mine custom tuned on the dyno.
Question : I'm running Stage II, Brocks full exhaust, PCV. I've used both the oem air filter and DNA, is it possible that the bike can run more rich w/ the oem filter vs. the DNA?
post #16 of 19 Old 07-13-2016, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRADALE View Post
Question : I'm running Stage II, Brocks full exhaust, PCV. I've used both the oem air filter and DNA, is it possible that the bike can run more rich w/ the oem filter vs. the DNA?
Yes and it'll cost you a couple of HP.
post #17 of 19 Old 07-28-2016, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
I would say closer to 200. Mcn dynoed one at 204 if I remember correctly?
You're right there.

On Somerton MC Dyno it hit 192bhp at the wheel. by comparison a S1000RR with full Akra and PCV did 173bhp. so it looks like the Dyno is reading on the low side.
post #18 of 19 Old 07-28-2016, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool, can't wait to do exhaust and flash on this bike. Weeeeeeeee

Anyone tried out launch control? I'm hearing we have no wheelie control so is that something to be careful of when using launch?
post #19 of 19 Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Cool, can't wait to do exhaust and flash on this bike. Weeeeeeeee

Anyone tried out launch control? I'm hearing we have no wheelie control so is that something to be careful of when using launch?
No, never tried launch control. Can't see the point to be honest and I'd rather be in control myself and not rev-limited in the lower gears.

In LSR you are always trying to get the throttle to 100%, or open as far as you can, while keeping the front wheel down. In the right conditions you will be much faster with no Launch Control and TC off and that's just as it should be. Otherwise, with a computer doing the riding for us, we would all be recording the same speeds. Where's the fun in that? I want it to be that the best rider won.
pebble35 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page