ECU Unleashed for H2... Beta... anyone done this before me ? - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 Old 05-13-2016, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well that is a problem now isn't it... Thanks BDP, have you contacted ECScrew Unleashed about copyright infringement ?

Maybe that's why they won't release their dyno results. I was their first test case.

Rhody...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 Old 06-24-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just did a track day at Loudon, NH this Monday, hot weather, slight breeze, took the S1000RR and the H2, first three sessions on the BMW, started to feel the groove and was having fun in the advanced group, holding my own passed a few and was passed a couple of times, but on the 3rd session I was pretty much left alone, every corner was about 10 mph faster and I felt relaxed. Then switched to the H2, ran warmers on both bikes and was careful in first session, about 6 laps in all the fast guys passed me in the corners, they were trolling me on the straight to judge the acceleration I guess. For the second session I dropped to the intermediate group and was starting to get comfortable with the throttle. Oddly enough the H2 was only about 5 mph faster on the straight, the brakes were better as well, but because I didn't want to toss it I took it easier than I did on the BMW. As far as track days goes for those reading this thread, how many sessions do you need before you feel at ease on your bike ? I am talking about not riding at the same track for at least two or three months, it doesn't count if you ride the same track weekly. Going to Palmer MA in July, much more flowing with three decent straights, plan to start with the H2 and see if I can get in a groove after 3 sessions. It is harder turning the H2 than the BMW, but I have a 190 rear tire on it and the fork tubes raised a wee bit.

Rhody...
post #43 of 44 Old 06-27-2016, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody View Post
Just did a track day at Loudon, NH this Monday, hot weather, slight breeze, took the S1000RR and the H2, first three sessions on the BMW, started to feel the groove and was having fun in the advanced group, holding my own passed a few and was passed a couple of times, but on the 3rd session I was pretty much left alone, every corner was about 10 mph faster and I felt relaxed. Then switched to the H2, ran warmers on both bikes and was careful in first session, about 6 laps in all the fast guys passed me in the corners, they were trolling me on the straight to judge the acceleration I guess. For the second session I dropped to the intermediate group and was starting to get comfortable with the throttle. Oddly enough the H2 was only about 5 mph faster on the straight, the brakes were better as well, but because I didn't want to toss it I took it easier than I did on the BMW. As far as track days goes for those reading this thread, how many sessions do you need before you feel at ease on your bike ? I am talking about not riding at the same track for at least two or three months, it doesn't count if you ride the same track weekly. Going to Palmer MA in July, much more flowing with three decent straights, plan to start with the H2 and see if I can get in a groove after 3 sessions. It is harder turning the H2 than the BMW, but I have a 190 rear tire on it and the fork tubes raised a wee bit.

Rhody...
Rhody,

It took me a while and I'm just now starting to get comfortable after 4 track days. My biggest issue was braking deep with the ABS. ...that's what's killing my lap times the most.

I also bumped down to Intermediate but the track I ride at seems to suit the H2 a little bit better and I don't lose too much time if any mid-corner. It's the corner entry and getting the bike turned where you lose a bit but you can make it up on the exit.

In this next shot you can see the line variation between and another rider. He's keeping it tight while I'm double-apexing it. An "A" group rider on a fast R6 would definitely put it up the inside of me here but he won't put enough space in between us for me not to blast him down the straight. On a track with too many of these corners you will get left.

At my next track day I plan to pick up the pace and get back into the A group.

post #44 of 44 Old 07-01-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just had a throttle tube tamer installed from a Honda CBR 1000, part # 0632-0750, $79.50.
It is smoother off idle and will be a plus at the next track day, surprised no one has posted something like this before.

Rhody...

Last edited by rhody; 07-03-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page