ECU Unleashed for H2... Beta... anyone done this before me ? - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 Old 04-25-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rode both bikes back to back today, first the H2, then the BMW S1000RR. It is like the difference in accelerating with a sling shot versus a rocket launcher, lol. You twist the throttle on the BMW and wait and wait, and when the revs reach 9K things start to pick up with the sweet spot around 11K. On the H2 hovering the rear brake from 6 to 8K it pulls hard, then keeping the throttle pinned in 2nd, 3rd gears it feels like it accelerates faster than with the mild tune and power commander. The throttle seems softer off idle which is good, and the new Pirelli Super Corsa's howl when hard on the front brake. You can feel the anti lock front brakes cutting it very very quickly but mildly. The Tech from ECU sent me an email about dyno setup, bike setup, TC should be set to off because he claims the rear tire can slip, which is possible because the rear tire had 0 miles on it when it went on the dyno. I am going to take it to the shop in a day or two and let the owner drive it hard in 2nd - 3rd gears. He will send the ECU Tech the three dyno runs, stock, mild tune with power commander and after the ECU flash. Will get to the bottom of this, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, just trying to find the truth. Like I said at the beginning of this post, seat of the pants feel only it feels like it pulls harder, the bike shop owner will weigh in with his opinion as well.

Rhody...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 Old 04-27-2016, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm about to have mine flashed but as far as seat of the pants goes talking to the guys that had it done , it's a night and day difference .
post #23 of 44 Old 04-28-2016, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebu383 View Post
I'm about to have mine flashed but as far as seat of the pants goes talking to the guys that had it done , it's a night and day difference .

What vendor are you going with for the flash ?

Rhody...

post #24 of 44 Old 04-29-2016, 02:07 PM

I have always used Guhl in the past with great results but have heard ecu unleashed was good, and is fairly cheaper for the h2 . Hat being said your results have me probably going to Guhl lol
post #25 of 44 Old 04-30-2016, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Guhl would be the way I would go but then I work with the guy so...

There is an obvious difference between being able to flash and being able to tune. Don has put a lot of time and effort into H2 development. In fact this weekend Don is over at the Ohio Mile with Rickey Gadson running his new H2 with an E85 tune and modified supercharger gearing. Friday they were having problems keeping the front end down in 6th with the stock wheelbase which was problematic given the 17mph crosswinds. Apparently Rickey had to back down 3 times during the run. Still managed to post a 205. They put it on Brock's dyno last night and it was pulling 302 hp.
pebble35 likes this.

If A = Success, then the formula is A = X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
post #26 of 44 Old 04-30-2016, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
"They put it on Brock's dyno last night and it was pulling 302 hp."
Nice work guys bad luck that you got the weather problems , i heard rain too
post #27 of 44 Old 04-30-2016, 11:44 PM

Didn't he make 301 on his h2 hybrid running c16? And this is a normal h2. Pretty strong numbers . Curious to see what it would make on c16.
post #28 of 44 Old 05-01-2016, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I ran the bike on the dyno today, see picture below. I was standing less than 3 feet away from the front wheel, the dyno was in a trailer so it was up about 4 feet from the ground. The front shocks used up about 50% of their travel at max power. The sound and vibration made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Hearing and feeling it in real life is more impressive than on any video. Just an observation.

Dyno run, bike is in a trailer

It makes an honest 225 hp at the rear wheel, to be honest from a second gear rollon in 2nd, gear to 14K rpm, between 11 - 13K it pulls very hard, enough for me since I don't do sanctioned speed events and mostly ride on the street and track. See the two dyno sheets below, first with power commander and tune, and second with ECU Unleashed reflash. The third is with Brock's track reflash.

Power Commander tune 205 rwhp

ECU Unleashed flash 225 rwhp

Brocks record setting track flash with power commander 276 rwhp

Hats off to the talented riders who can handle the extra 50 hp in a controlled environment. I found myself having to cope with extra braking distances when doing hard roll-ons in 2nd and 3rd gears with a +1 counter shaft sprocket. TC was set to 1 and everything seemed to feel pretty good, but in a violent way between 11 - 13 K in 2nd and 3rd. When all is said and done, at least for me, I am pretty happy with the result.

Rhody...
post #29 of 44 Old 05-03-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Weird, I thought by now people would have been all over me about the HP numbers from the flash. I guess not. How many people have actually been present when their bikes have been on the dyno and got the numbers to prove it ?

Rhody...
post #30 of 44 Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody View Post
Weird, I thought by now people would have been all over me about the HP numbers from the flash. I guess not. How many people have actually been present when their bikes have been on the dyno and got the numbers to prove it ?

Rhody...
I was going to ask about it,, my personal preference if I'm going through the work & expense to get the reflash, PCV given their typical Dyno & also real world record setting results would be to go w/ Brocks/ Guhl, to get the most performance but but assumed you had reasons for going w/ that supplier instead and you said you were happy w/ the results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page