Ninja H2 banner

Woolich Racing Teaser :)

18K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  WR-NA 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Very soon. I have the H2 coming in here soon (tonight) to get updated in order to some final QA testing and testing it in the "real world". As with anything, you can test it 1000x over while in development and as soon as it gets to the public, it craps out :) So I'm testing it here and we have another individual in Texas testing it out as well to make sure it is okay and good to go. We may get another third individual to test it out prior, just to make sure.

The hardware and everything is in the states and has been for a while as it is the same hardware we use on the new ZX-10R. We had to redesign the extension harness though, just for the H2, so those new improved extensions will be in the states probably early next week. At which point, once they say go ahead and sell them, you guys can purchase the kits.

I will be in Daytona this weekend so hopefully when I get back, I will have some good news for you guys :)

#7 ·
Nope. For Europe simply chose the 0987 ecu instead of 0963.
Correct... simply for the Euro market, select the -0987 ECU. As always, prior to doing any ECU flashing we recommend hooking up to it and reading out the ECU and saving a copy of the "Virgin ECU" just so if you ever have to go back for any reason, you can go back to the exact same copy you pulled from your ECU; even though the copies we have in the software are fine to use as well.

#9 ·
#13 ·
The Euro and Aussie ECU carry the same part number, see the list below:
Text Line Font Screenshot Parallel

In our software it's listed as EUR/AUS
Text Blue Font Line Parallel

For the other ECUs not listed in our software, but listed in the Good Book (service manual), customers will be able to read out their ECU, send it in to us directly through the software, we'll set up the custom bin file definitions and have it in the software within a day or two and they can join in on the fun too.

#11 ·
As above
prior to doing any ECU flashing we recommend hooking up to it and reading out the ECU and saving a copy of the "Virgin ECU" just so if you ever have to go back for any reason, you can go back to the exact same copy you pulled from your ECU; even though the copies we have in the software are fine to use as well.,
i would think you can use your own and not rely on the other country versions

WR have you done any development on tuneup or is this just making the ecu accessable for the masses
and how goes the table identification

#18 ·
With the new 32 bit ECU, it required us to develop a new interface, the v3 interfaces. They are (and have been) done for some time, this was partially the delay on the H2 stuff. We didn't want to develop one interface only to find out we have to develop another 6 months down the road.

But it all worked out. So the new v3 interface will be needed for the H2. Also a harness as the wiring is no where near the same from the 14/14R and a bin file definition; essentially a complete package. Good news is, is that it is backwards compatible. So in theory and this is what some shops and customers have done since we released them, is if the interfaces you have now are a v2 interface, they can be resold and we can reassign it to a new customer. If you have one of the old v1 interfaces, those cannot be sold and work with another account. This will help you recoup some cost. I have the v2 Log Box Pro on my 2011 ZX-10R and will be keeping it there since I'm developing hardware add ons for the Log Box Pro. Then I have a v3 Log Box on my 2016 ZX-10R. I could take the box from my 2016 and use it on my 2011 if I so desired; no new wiring or anything just swap and go.

Other benefits of the v3 interface is the simplified and improved design making it more efficient, the new switch setup and on board diagnostics. The new switch makes it so you don't have to move the switch from read/write to data log to engine data or vice versa; you tell the software what to do, it tells the box what to do and the box internally switches. On board diagnostics then let you view and clear service codes with a push of a button in the software.

Right now the v3 is only available in the USB interface and the Log Box interface. The Log Box Pro v3 will be coming here shortly with a lot of sweet new features :)

#16 ·
WR-NA, I see the pkg contains "Log Box M v3" Is this the standard Log Box? Will the Log Box Pro work as well it is not listed option? I'm looking for the extra AD channels.

#26 ·
No nothing yet....not sure if it's available yet. From what I'm hearing it's not ready yet....

Reactions: rapidroy1
#29 ·

So there's four different US ECUs for the H2. I finished my harness install without even opening up the software and just got to this point... Is there any way I can figure out which ECU I have without tearing my bike apart again? The read serial number function is completely grayed out on my end when I connect to the bike.

#33 ·
true the dash lights up when you read or write the ecu. Maybe you did the same mistake i did? There are two plugs which will fit with the woolich connector, one grey and one white i think. I plugged the wrong one at first and could'nt read the ecu, when i connected the other plug it worked fine. Don't remember which colour you should use but if you read the instructions from woolich there is a picture showing the colour on the connector you should use.

#34 ·
Hmm, I might investigate. The one I plugged it into was tucked back in the tail with a blanking cap on it.

When I try to read ECU all of the lights flash on and off repeatedly and it sounds like the ECU keeps resetting, and eventually the software gives me an error saying it can't connect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.