Auto Blip Down Shift on an H2 - Page 7 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 Old 06-27-2016, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
650Ib and I went for a ride yesterday on some nice (rare) twisty roads around our facility here outside of Dayton, Ohio and switched off between his R1M and H2;both have OEM quickshifters and aftermarket autoblip. Our new autoblip function on the H2 is VERY smooth - we both agreed that it's as smooth or smoother than the R1M (set up by Superbikes Unlimited aka Flash Tune - and they obviously know about these types of things). Item of note: our roads are not high speed... 50-80 MPH, so I can't tell you how it will work on high closed-course speeds just yet. But for tight/fun stuff, it worked great! The autoblip made the approach/turn-in much easier and sounds incredibly cool in the process

Brock
650ib, 880turbo, Simon0721 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
The auto blip on the H2 makes an already amazing bike even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #63 of 70 Old 06-27-2016, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Our new autoblip function on the H2 is VERY smooth - we both agreed that it's as smooth or smoother than the R1M (set up by Superbikes Unlimited aka Flash Tune - and they obviously know about these types of things).
Brock
The only way to know for sure is to do a direct comparison between 2 H2s. The R1 has an entirely different gearbox altogether.

Speaking of FlashTune, here's a pic of my Auto Blipper Shifter from FlashTune still in the package. I haven't installed it yet and don't know if I will. I like blipping the throttle ..... kind of makes me feel like Mat Mladin. lol

The FlashTune Kit comes with it's own linkage and plugs right into the H2 harness.

In any event, great work as usual Brock and Guhl! Congrats Ib!

post #64 of 70 Old 06-28-2016, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Yes. Send it directly to Don. There is no charge for the software upgrade, you will be responsible for shipping. You will need to purchase a ZX-10R shifter switch and modify your shift linkage a bit. Electrically, it is a plug and play.

Please note: This project is in it's infancy and still needs more testing. You might want to wait a bit before sending it in.

Brock
That infant grew up pretty quickly! I already installed the ecu now not sure I want to take the ecu out again..looks cool though.
post #65 of 70 Old 06-28-2016, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650ib View Post
The auto blip on the H2 makes an already amazing bike even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They (Don&Brock) did an awesome job on new zx10 too I've heard as I'll be trying it out soon.. TAG73 has been in hiding I want a rematch like yesterday.
H2QIK likes this.
post #66 of 70 Old 06-29-2016, 10:51 AM

One quick update gentlemen, there are no shaft modifications required. The 2016 ZX-10R shift switch IS longer, so we simply rotated the clamp mechanism backwards one notch on the splined shaft to compensate. The switch connects directly into the H2 harness, no splicing/cutting etc. required. Its really easy once the ECU is flashed for it.

Brock
post #67 of 70 Old 06-29-2016, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Just seen vid on YouTube, what's done to 650ib's bike?
post #68 of 70 Old 06-29-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikepusher View Post
That infant grew up pretty quickly! I already installed the ecu now not sure I want to take the ecu out again..looks cool though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Just seen vid on YouTube, what's done to 650ib's bike?
Sorry, can't talk about someone else's build as that is confidential info. That said, Ib is a great guy, I'm sure he will share.

I can tell you that his H2 is fast as SH*T! Might need to get a shoe surgically removed, lol

Brock
post #69 of 70 Old 06-29-2016, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Maybe a dyno compared to a stage 2 then to see just how much it's putting out?
H2QIK likes this.
post #70 of 70 Old 07-24-2016, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just put my bike back together the other day with the Auto Blip Down Shift from Don Ghul.....All I can say is it's fantastic for sure! Very smooth and is SO much fun to ride! I absolutely love it! I ordered the 2016 ZX10R sensor and rod. It's a plug in and play however you need to cut the new shift rod a 1/4" off each end carfully so you can still thread in the sensor. After that it's still a little low so remove the shifter arm off the shaft and move it back one tooth and that the exact height the stock set up is... Which on my pit bull stands was 15" to the top of the lever. The only other thing to watch out for is that the wire on the new ZX10 is shorter that the H2 so I drilled a hole in the bracket that hold the kick stand so I could zip tie the wire to it for Saftey so it wouldn't get too close to the chain. Other than that there's nothing else you have to do.......definitely get this option it's So Worth the cheap investment.....Cheers!
880turbo and robby9999 like this.

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST CF Wheels
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic system & BST CF Wheels
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2015 KX250F
2007 Suzuki LTZ400 out to 440cc
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page