Auto Blip Down Shift on an H2 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 70 Old 02-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
I checked with local tuning guru Scott Miller (a.k.a. Fast Company, in Cambridge ON) and as of a couple of weeks ago, they were expecting to have what they needed to get into the ECU in "early February".
selenap likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 Old 02-01-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
I checked with local tuning guru Scott Miller (a.k.a. Fast Company, in Cambridge ON) and as of a couple of weeks ago, they were expecting to have what they needed to get into the ECU in "early February".
Once they get in it will still take a while to learn the tables in the ECU. Don Guhl has already found the tables for the shifter and just needs a test bike to make sure it all works once programmed. Woolich is also working on it and from what I've heard have it done for the ZX10R 2016 which is the same ECU as the H2 but with different tables odiously.....either way it's right around the bend....
selenap likes this.

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST CF Wheels
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic system & BST CF Wheels
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2015 KX250F
2007 Suzuki LTZ400 out to 440cc
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
post #13 of 70 Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
I dropped off the ECU at Fast Company today. (They are using Flashtune)

post #14 of 70 Old 02-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Don't take this the wrong way but you guys should really consider learning how to do it yourselves. Blip/click. Simple as that. Totally free. Sounds cooler than an ECU controlled downshift too.
post #15 of 70 Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Secord View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but you guys should really consider learning how to do it yourselves. Blip/click. Simple as that. Totally free. Sounds cooler than an ECU controlled downshift too.
guessing im not going out on a limb here.. Think they "learned" how to do it years ago. Auto blip is easier on the whole bike in the same way quickshifter is.. Not to mention the clutch.
post #16 of 70 Old 02-20-2016, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1000 View Post
guessing im not going out on a limb here.. Think they "learned" how to do it years ago. Auto blip is easier on the whole bike in the same way quickshifter is.. Not to mention the clutch.
Hahahah yup years ago.....I want some auto blip down shift for sure! I could get up and change the channel on my TV but I'd rather use the remote

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST CF Wheels
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic system & BST CF Wheels
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2015 KX250F
2007 Suzuki LTZ400 out to 440cc
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
post #17 of 70 Old 02-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
Hahahah yup years ago.....I want some auto blip down shift for sure! I could get up and change the channel on my TV but I'd rather use the remote
If thats how you're equivalating the two, you were doing it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.xr View Post
I get the auto blip need/want but (silly question here) has anyone tried to do quick downshifts?
Always. On all bikes, clutchless down shifts are exactly the same as clutchless upshifts. They work best if you keep them to 5k and over. Blip/click. Under that they get a litle clunky - but thats the same on all bikes. The skill (same as in a car) lies in timing the two as close together as possible and not giving it any more revs than you need to get it done. Another benefit is that you'll be able to feel how much slack you have in your chain and know when its time to adjust.

I haven't used a clutch lever for anything other than to stop and start for the better part of 20 years. Takes about 5 minutes to learn and you'll never go back. It becomes a second nature that's just automatic. I don't even mentally register doing it - I want to slow down, my brain just makes it happen. It also saves clutch plates like crazy and I've never, ever had a transmission failure.

I get wanting the auto blip thingymabob for nerd sake but you should really try doing it manually. Its so simple. Also, if you're in the mood, you can always goose the throttle a little bit more than you need to and make a divine racket.

Listen here around 1:10 when he hits the end of the track.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Stnt-Kxi3UA

Last edited by Cliff Secord; 02-20-2016 at 10:53 AM.
post #18 of 70 Old 02-20-2016, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Sound effects at 1:10 are caused by pulling in the clutch and giving it some throttle... we can all do that !

Auto blip clutchless downshifts are a completely different thing....
Boosted10R likes this.
post #19 of 70 Old 02-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick46 View Post
Sound effects at 1:10 are caused by pulling in the clutch and giving it some throttle... we can all do that !

Auto blip clutchless downshifts are a completely different thing....
No. He was rev-matching on the down shifts. Thats how it works. Have you ever actually done it? I've been doing it so long my downshifts are old enough to vote and drink. Thats what it sounds like. Hear how the revs land higher each time he does it? Match-rev, down shift, engine brake, match-rev, downshift, engine brake. You should try it. Its not hard to learn.

Last edited by Cliff Secord; 02-20-2016 at 01:46 PM.
post #20 of 70 Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Secord View Post
No. He was rev-matching on the down shifts. Thats how it works. Have you ever actually done it? I've been doing it so long my diwnshifts are old enough to vote and drink. Thats what it sounds like. Hear how the revs land higher each time he does it? Match-rev, down shift, engine brake, match-rev, downshift, engine brake. You should try it. Its not hard to learn.
Not wishing to argue but yes I do change down without the clutch sometimes so yes I do know what it sounds like, and a big fat handfull between each downshift (like in the video at 1:10) requires that you disengage the clutch.

These things I know to be true from my own personal experience of riding a motorcycle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page