Wireless headphones, bluetooth... what do you use ? - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-06-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wireless headphones, bluetooth... what do you use ?

To all,

I am sick of fraying and breaking wires from my good Bose wired headphones.

I want to know what you use for a comfortable wireless set that don't hurt your ears because of the bulk of them.

I just want headphones, no intercom's microphones... etc...

Bose Headphones

I like the shape of the ear pieces I have now.

Thanks...

Rhody...

Last edited by rhody; 10-06-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I use a Moto Hint in one ear with an earplug in the other ear. This year is finally the year where more wireless earbuds are coming out though, so if you want two stereo earbuds there are some options out there.
post #3 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
It always worries me when I see a cyclist pedalling along with earbuds or headphones on. Hearing is such an important aid to safe riding and the same goes for motorcycles.

Do you guys listen to music through these headphones or is it just bike to bike communication?
Jeffro likes this.

Last edited by BobC; 10-08-2016 at 01:10 PM.

post #4 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Agree with bob, each to his own but I don't put anything in my ears when riding. It's dangerous enough
Jeffro likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I use it for GPS directions so I don't always have to be looking down at a map, and sometimes music on really long rides since it helps my mind keep from wandering.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
I don't listen to music on the sport bike but use different Senas depending on which helmet I grab. Use voice activation when I can to answer calls and especially for Nav & bike to bike communication. Also need audio for Police alerts on the highway via Waze which has saved my ass numerous times, often alerting me way before my V1 radar detector. My AGV Corsa doesn't work well w/ the Sena ear speakers though, there's no room inside the helmet so when I'm using the AGV I use SkullCandys Bluetooth "Smokin Buds 2". Really well made, don't interfere w/ typical snug fitting Dianese leather jackets, they fit well under a helmet, the audio is very clear, the flat wire cord won't tangle. Before I found the SkullCandy I tried a few other Bluetooth sets like LGs but they sit around your collarbone and my riding jacket would press the buttons, kept changing the language to Korean I think, lol!

For the riding I do Navigation is an absolute must, over 10,000 miles on the H2 & I currently have 3 other bikes that I use just as much. Actually used my 16 CVO Street Glide even more this summer than the H2 but it has built in Nav. I'm often in areas w/ the H2 at night that I've never been to before, sometimes 2 or 3 states away, etc. Also on long rides I'm often the lead rider with my MC. It really sucks making a wrong turn or getting off the wrong exit w/ a large pack behind you but whats really dangerous & stressful too is not having Nav & having to slow down to look for street signs at night or not knowing exactly when to get over for an exit, merge, etc. Having the audio from the Nav is much safer than just having the Nav. video, helps keep your eyes more on the road.

Jeffro likes this.

Last edited by STRADALE; 10-07-2016 at 11:01 AM.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
There's not much room for storage it's kinda a joke really but I keep a battery power pack along w/ a Battery Tender USB in case I run my iphone or Bluetooth ear buds dead, happened a couple of weeks ago traveling to Springfield Mass. Also keep a wired set of ear buds as a back up. Found a Logitech case that fits in that small spot behind the seat. I've since added a compact flat tire plug kit & that's about all that'll fit.

post #8 of 15 Old 10-10-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Stradale,

Are those Sena's comfortable ? I don't have a lot of room in the helmet next to the ear pads. My form fit Bose's phones are ok, but anything wider would be a problem.

Rhody...
post #9 of 15 Old 10-11-2016, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Ive been using the Sena 10S a few years and now 20S and they work great. The speakers are ~6mm thick disks and fit well in the ear reliefs on my Shoei X12 and new X14. I always wear earplugs to block broadband noise that can damage hearing yet am still able to hear fine. I use for intercom or IPhone apps and not music. Lose the wires you wont regret it.

The 10S is nice you can buy 1 radio and if you have multiple helmets just buy/install additional mounts for a decent low price and the radio just clicks in anywhere. A nice feature of the 20S is if you want to hear someone talk to you with the helmet on you can press a button and the mic amplifies the sound to your ears. The 20S also has additional mounts you can buy.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #10 of 15 Old 10-11-2016, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Sena S20 and a cracking bit of kit but not wireless. and U used my moulded plugs as it cuts out the wind noise in my Arai.

I don't have a problem listening to music while riding but don't have it up loud and is more of a background noise.

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page