LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-25-2015, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
TCX R-S2 Boots -

I like my AlpineStars SuperTech Rs. On the bike they're terrific, very comfortable and the protection is great. I can ride all day with them. When I'm walking around off the bike however there's one spot inside the boot, attached to the inner booty that hurts my foot. At the outer, front edge there is a protection plate mounted to the inner booty that digs into the right side of my foot. It's not an issue until a couple of hours walking/standing around OFF the bike. I used a heat gun and was able to push this plastic piece out but it didn't help. I tried all the Dainese boots, no joy. So I bought a pair of these last night, they were updated last year & I've read some very positive reviews. I should have them early this week. Anyone here own a pair?

TCX R-S2 EVO Boots - RevZilla
SilverbirdH2 likes this.

Last edited by STRADALE; 07-25-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Forgot got mention above these are the newer EVOs. If anyone has a slightly wider foot like me & has no luck w/ Dainese, Alpine Stars, these could be your ticket. Finally I have a pair of boots that are so comfortable both on and off the bike! In person they are even nicer than pics. Everything about them I like better than the SuperTechRs except the Rs have better ventilation at the foot. Other than that the EVOs seem to have a leg up. The Torsion Control system feels more secure. The Metaltarsal protection which the Rs don't have. The way the aluminum allow toe slider is incorporated into the toe area, on the Rs it looks like an after thought. The TCX EVO has a air bladder that you pump w a release valve. Wearing jeans I didn't notice that much of a difference but w/ leathers tucked in you can feel it getting snug. I'm mostly a size 10.5, every now & then an 11 so went w/ the 44s. I took pics next to my Alpine Stars Super Tech Rs so you can see how much more shin protection you get w the TCX. Feel on the bike is really great, think I found my go to co. for riding boots! Got a new set of Dainese Delta Pro pants today too. Have a 175 mile ride tonight to meet some friends.

SilverbirdH2 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Gorgeous boots! Any chance we can have a look at the soles?

post #4 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Black wrought iron is so 1980's.

But love the boots!
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
Gorgeous boots! Any chance we can have a look at the soles?
Wore them about 6 hours last night split off & on the bike & couldn't be happier w/ them. You do need socks that are over calf because the boots are tall. Favorites for me are Left/Right specific Nikes compression Elite Running. Thinner than the normal racing stocks, better in the summer. Expensive at $50 (DICKS) but worth it IMO.

The soul as you requested :
post #6 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the pics! With the rate I go through socks I have to buy them in bulk at my local bike store. The washing machines keeps eating them.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-28-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Didn't think it warranted a new thread so I'm posting here.....With the H2 I always wear racing boots & the TCX EVOs I posted about here already are great but there's been days when I'm off the bike for hours walking around. I found a pair of riding boots that are like a hybrid between boots & sneakers. They don't have the shin/full protection of the full on racing boot but do offer a lot more protection than every day sneakers. I wore them last night for first time & can't say enough positive things about them. I also found that they gave me a little more feedback on the bike, even makes finding Neutral just slightly easier than my racing boots.

I almost dropped the H2 a few weeks back when my boot got caught up on the aggressive ledge at the edge of the peg when I came to a sudden full stop, leaning one direction. I've since heard from 2 guys that dropped their bikes at full stops because they were wearing shoes with laces which got caught on the plate next to pegs (where the inside of your foot rests) & that prevented them from putting a foot down. One guy (my Kawi Service Manager w/ a Mint ZX-14) said it was "like a slow motion nightmare"... So when I came across these boots that have a strap that contains the laces I figured I'd try them out, glad I did. They are slightly heavier than high top sneakers, they're nicely padded inside, very comfy but w/ solid ankle protection. True to size, American figment. I have a slightly wide foot & they're great so probably wouldn't work if you have narrow feet. Icon is not known for high quality apparel compared to say Dainese or AlpineStars but these are from their 1000 line which is their best quality. Double stitched. Steel shank. CE rated. In hand you can tell they're really well made. Only $200.

"ICON TRUANT 1000
Full grain leather upper
Axialmetric steel shank
Slip-resistant rubber sole
Internal ankle protection
Adjustable midfoot stabilizer strap
Low-profile lacing system
CE rated"

SilverbirdH2 likes this.

Last edited by STRADALE; 08-28-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page