Did electronics do Guy Martin in at Ulster GP 2015 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Did electronics do Guy Martin in at Ulster GP 2015

I just finished Guy Martin's book, "When you dead, you dead" highly recommended BTW, he writes about his Ulster GP get off in 2015 in the last chapter. During the book he described the electronics on his BMW S1000RR as very good, in most cases, keeping him from harm in races, and with data log replay he could study what his throttle hand was asking for and what the bike delivered in any given situation at the IOMTT. When you watch the clip, I wonder if he had slide control that is standard on the Yamaha R1 if it would have saved him, or if he had his TC switched off, if that would have saved him as well.

Guy was fighting for the lead on the last lap against Bruce Ansty, and was pushing hard, but nothing he hadn't done before on the track.

In Guy's own words, from page 311, "I can't say for sure, but left to my control I reckon I'd had saved it. I've had slides like that before and I let them develop. I reckon the bike's traction control had shut the throttle for me, when I'd have kept it sliding more. And when it shut off it gave the tyre a chance to grip again and caused me to back off over the highside."

My point is sometimes you need to trust your wrist and feel for what the bikes tires will give you, in this case, who knows if he had TC switched off or had slide control he may have not have crashed and knocked himself out in the process.

Just an observation, feel free to share your experiences, God forbid, if you have had any or know someone who has and watched it unfold in front of you.

Rhody...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page