Senior TT IOM press conference: Huctchy miffed at Michael Douglas... - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Senior TT IOM press conference: Huctchy miffed at Michael Douglas...

Fast forward to 6:00 controversy around 8:00, Michael accuses Hutchy of using over sized pistons in his super stock bike, says he may not participate next year. Odd, unlike him since he has been through so much gaining full use of his mangled leg, over 2.5 year recovery. Hope he returns next season. No media coverage on this whatsoever as well, which I find odd.

Rhody...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2016, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Garage
The TT organisers issued a statement to say that nothing was found. I've not listened to Dunlop's comment but remember that his own bike was excluded from the results in TT Supersport Race 1 for some non-standard valve caps. An oversight by the engine builder and a part that was perfectly legal last year when that engine was built. Make what you will of it but I believe both Dunlop and Hutchie are perfectly honest racers.

STATEMENT ISSUED BY ACU EVENTS LTD REGARDING TT SUPERSPORT RACE 2 POST RACE ELIGIBILITY CHECKS

"As is standard procedure after every TT race the machines of the top three finishers, as well as selected other machines, are subject to extensive post race technical inspections by qualified event officials to ensure that they comply with the TT regulations.

This technical inspection was carried out on all of the top three finishers in TT Supersport Race 2 on Wednesday 8th June and no discrepancies were identified in any of the motorcycles checked and no team or competitor lodged official protests.

A question was raised during the post race inspection regarding the size of the pistons of one of the machines in the top three and the pistons were found to comply with TT regulations.

The organisers are entirely confident that there is no issue with any of the podium finishers in the Supersport 2 Race"

Last edited by BobC; 06-13-2016 at 05:49 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2016, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Garage
Michael by his own admission is not "wired" the same other people. For sure his genius status is assured. This is obviously at a cost to social skills. I think Hutchy got found out a bit as he is also a winner.

Part of the psyche of being the best is that you truly believe you are. This was born out in the Eubank / Benn fight were neither fighter had losing as an option. It was the mother of all batterings that Benn got.

Hutchy took not winning hard and had a sense of humour failure. Natural enough to throw a few toys out the pram when happens.

It is such a shame that a slight character defect can be jumped on by masses. Its an easy thing to do and within the capabilities of most to pick fault. Mores the shame that what did the knockers ever do that was exceptional?

While the natural thought is that because the pistons are "oversize" people can assume that refers to the bore. What if the oversize is the piston length and the saving was made in the skirt ? I would consider that a wonderful autistic joke that Hutchy certainly didn't get.

Maybe I'm on the right path, but flying miles off. I can assure you like Dunlop not a flying fig is given.

What has this to do with the H2? EVERYTHING. See ya at the Island next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page