Is the Ninja H2 worth its $25k price tag? - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Is the Ninja H2 worth its $25k price tag?

As we all know, the Kawasaki Ninja H2 is not a cheap bike. To get your hands on one, you have to put down some serious money -- $25,000. But what is that money really paying for in the end? Performance? Exclusivity? Looks? It is starting to look like the Ninja H2 is falling flat on two of those counts.

Check out this video that shows the Ninja H2 in a drag race versus the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. It is disappointing that the Ninja H2 can't win this drag race, and its also disappointing that the H2 can't hit a higher top speed than the ZX-10R. The H2 hits 168 mph while the ZX-10R gets all the way up to 176 mph. It certainly seems from this video that the H2 at best is comparable in terms of performance with the ZX-10R.

The Ninja H2 also can't justify its high cost by its exclusivity because Kawasaki has announced that, due to high demand, more H2 machines will be produced. That batch of H2s should be delivered in late May or June of this year.

So that leaves the looks of the bike, and the bike does look good. Is that silver reflective paint really worth the extra money when you could buy a ZX-10R that can hold its own in a race for a good $10k less though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
What a very strange post ... just seems to be a load of bollocks !

No disrespect to the road testers involved in your video but I'd rather believe the likes of MCN for performance figures....and say that this is BS.

On the subject of June deliveries.... I placed my order in the original ordering period (Dec 1) and am still waiting, so don't suggest that that makes this motorcycle less exclusive... more BS.
post #3 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I would pay 25K just for the looks alone!
To be a little more seriously, of course you can base your opinons on random youtube videos or other sources where you don't know the whole story. As in this video where you don't know anything about the riders or the mod's done to either bike. To me it seems like a better idea to base my opinon on people i know, magazines i trust or many magazines if i don't know them. The picture below is from MCN's test where equally skilled riders tested the H2 against other machines during simular circumstances. I belive this is a much more trustwordy source than a random youtube video... just my opinion....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H2 MCN chart.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	447.0 KB
ID:	3202  
ben1000z, Flipr and mr.xr like this.

post #4 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. After purchasing and owning this awesome bike for a while now, I can say it is definitely worth the money and then some. Why do you ask? it's intangible and will be different for different people.
Ryder, pebble35, mr.xr and 1 others like this.

2015 BMW S1000R
2015 Ninja H2 (sold)
2015 C14 - Replaced 2013 Ducati Multistrada GT
2014 ZX-6R (track bike) Replaced 2011 ZX-10R
2005 KDX 200
post #5 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKH2 View Post
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. After purchasing and owning this awesome bike for a while now, I can say it is definitely worth the money and then some. Why do you ask? it's intangible and will be different for different people.
This is very true, it's all about what you're willing to pay for a certain thing and the value you see in it compared to what you're already aware about.
H2Pilot likes this.
post #6 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
To the OP... That zx10 is modded with full bolt-ons and probably much more. Here is the original video post and read the comments and video description.

ben1000z likes this.
post #7 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
It is worth every single penny to me, and more.

There really seems to be a race on the Internet to somehow shame the H2; it's hilarious to ask this question in a forum where the vast majority of posters are enjoying this vehicle immensely...
OKH2, mr.xr and H2Pilot like this.
post #8 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Oh dear, , , I put an 8 foot airbrush painting of a pheonix with my h2 and me in the frame then come home to this as top post. @ mick 46 come down the south coast and i'll show you how ubefuckinglevable IT is.
OKH2 and H2Pilot like this.
post #9 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2rcx View Post
Oh dear, , , I put an 8 foot airbrush painting of a pheonix with my h2 and me in the frame then come home to this as top post. @ mick 46 come down the south coast and i'll show you how ubefuckinglevable IT is.
I think mick46 is actually saying that the OP's post is BS...
post #10 of 133 Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frio View Post
I think mick46 is actually saying that the OP's post is BS...
I got that,,,While i was painfully waiting for months it would have been nice to see one behaving like a bullet coming out a gun . It was a kind offer I made with no other intent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page