6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 12-10-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Start up problems (and other issues)

I think I also posted briefly in the Start Up and Running thread but I'm hoping this warrants it's own thread.

I've had an issue with the bike starting up since I bought it in April.

I uploaded this vid in June showing the problem. This just shows once the bike had already tried to start. I got jack of it not starting as you will be able to tell.

http://tinyurl.com/kawh2

I showed it to the Kawasaki dealer, then they looked at it at my first service. The problem continued to happen and they took the bike for one month starting it every now and then they said they can't replicate the issue. I took the bike home 4 days from then and it happened. And it's been happening on and off since. It doesn't matter if I ride it every day or leave it for a week. It will have an issue turning on.

I am going to take regular videos showing this because it's not right for a new bike. This video shows from today, I just walk up, turn it on, put it in to neutral, then attempt to start. The same issue happened yesterday morning and the other day.. etc. It's got 98 RON fuel in it, and sleeps outside. It's a warm climate here basically all year round.

http://youtu.be/9FzWK8iJOqA

I contacted my Kawasaki dealer who said to me that because they had the bike for one month and couldn't find the issue if I take it back to them then they will charge me to look at it. I find that pretty bad.

I have emailed Kawasaki Australia and waiting for their reply..

I also have another two issues with it. If I ride for about an hour and turn the bike off. I can go in to my house and hear what sounds like the fuel pump working, making noise. This can go on for about another hour. I also told my Kawasaki dealer who said to me, are you a mechanic? No. Well it's just the sound of the fuel leaking pressure or something.. It definitely sounds mechanical, like servos working, not gas escaping..

And finally, my back breaks have been squealing since the start also. I told them about it, they "deglazed" them by rubbing them together or something, but the issue continues. About 1 week after they "deglaze" them it starts squealing again. I asked them to replace them but they refuse, they have "deglazed" them about 3 times I think and they still squeal.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Have had this problem since the beginning.

Some suggested restricting the exhaust outlet.
This didnít work well for mine, but I am still running the stock system.

Mine is almost flawless when using 10% methanol fuel. You could try that, if itís available in your areaÖ

In the first video it sounded like you may have been opening the throttle bit.
From what I have, heard/learned, not a good idea on this bike.

The buzzing you refer to is normal with key on, engine off.
This is not confirmed, but it sounds like the throttle servo to meÖ
If this is happening with key off, not right for sure!
post #3 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 01:40 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Advice? Yes, stop nitpicking it.

The fuel pump cycles and makes noise occasionally when the bike is off. That's normal. It will make you jump at 3am if you're working quietly in the garage. That's about it. Nothing worthy of complaint nor anything that can be remedied.

The hard starting thing isn't really an issue. I've never owned a motorcycle MV, Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki or Yamaha that didn't take a few tries to get running. That's part of the experience. It's not a Civic. That second video is how every H2 ever made starts.

Your rear brakes are squeaking because you're riding them. That's the cause almost 100% of the time. You ride them when they're not needed, they heat up, 'glaze' and then resonate against the rotor. I'd wager it's entirely your own fault. You're probably wearing boots with thick soles that are applying unintended pressure to the pedal when you're covering it.

Stop complaining about things that don't matter and try to enjoy the bike!

Last edited by Cliff Secord; 12-11-2015 at 01:48 AM.

post #4 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
shotgun15

We have 10% Ethanol fuel here, I think it's 91 RON + 10% Ethanol though, not sure if it's compatible.

I wasn't holding the throttle in the first video at all, just pressing the button like the 2nd video. I moved the front wheel that was it.

Buzzing noise is key out, engine off for up to an hour.

Cliff Secord

Fuel pump cycling all the time is normal? No wonder my battery went flat after 2 weeks without riding.

So you're saying hard starting is ok for a AU$33,000 bike? I came from an AU$9,000 Honda that started perfectly each and every time.

I think you're being a bit rude here, my Honda never had squeaky brakes. I don't ride the brakes.

I would enjoy it if it worked like it should.

Last edited by Boodu; 12-11-2015 at 02:09 AM.
post #5 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodu View Post
shotgun15

We have 10% Ethanol fuel here, I think it's 91 RON + 10% Ethanol though, not sure if it's compatible.

I wasn't holding the throttle in the first video at all, just pressing the button like the 2nd video. I moved the front wheels that was it.

Buzzing noise is key out, engine off for up to an hour.
What a fricken bonehead!

Manual says up to 10% is acceptable, so maybe give it it a try.
Sure worked for me.

The noise is a weird one...

Last edited by shotgun15; 12-11-2015 at 03:05 PM.
post #6 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Next time you hear the noise with the engine turned off and the key out etc just undo the fuel filler cap to see if the noise stops . Kawasaki are telling you it's the fuel vapour venting , it could well be as it has to vent through the key hole and can " sing " for hours as the fuel vapour / air is forced out .
If you open the fuel cap and it stops you will know what it is .
My H2 does not stop like yours once I've started it , does it do it if you just give it a little rev when it initially starts up ? Does not seem a major problem .
post #7 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
the same here, very simple solution:
1) pull the clutch
2) press the start button and keep it down until rpm reaches 2k
3) release the clutch
I will bounce one time occasionally with minimal effect, but the complete procedure takes less than 2-3 seconds and then it keeps running.
BTW: you will notice front head ligth wont come up until you release the clutch... that probably helps to reduce
drag of the electrical system during startup.
ben1000z and PMSHK like this.
post #8 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I don't have that problem, as a matter of fact, I don't have any problems with my Kawasaki H2.
post #9 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Mine started fine after 3 weeks, with lightweight battery, and 25f temps. Not sure why the fuel pump would power up with the switch off. In fact, not sure that is possible? Typically, when the switch is off, the fueling circuit has no power.

But if you have an air compressor in the garage...check that, instead!

For the original poster, make sure you leaving the switch in the "off" position! Not the next rotation!

Shane

Last edited by Warp12; 12-11-2015 at 06:58 PM.
post #10 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworldseries View Post
I don't have that problem, as a matter of fact, I don't have any problems with my Kawasaki H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworldseries View Post
On my H2 revving about 5000 in 3 gear then releasing the throttle, so just gliding, then wanting to accelerate real quick and giving a lot of gas I get a big bang sounding like the transmission is trying to catch up to the motor. Does anyone else get this? Not necessarily 3 gear just an example.
Hmm...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page