39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rusting Frame on H2

Ok so this rust problem has been going on for months now,after my dealer reported it with no response we then sent pictures, no response, then rang Kawasaki Australia and get the we are response from japan. Weeks later and 3 phone calls later I am still getting we are waiting for a response from japan.I informed them this is a fatigue issue and dangerous .Anybody else have this issue.I will post pics shortly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I am suspecting that you wont have any response from Kawasaki for that issue but what I will do to mine is just oil treat it like we do to our vehicle for the winter here up north to prevent rust.
post #3 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malh2 View Post
Ok so this rust problem has been going on for months now,after my dealer reported it with no response we then sent pictures, no response, then rang Kawasaki Australia and get the we are response from japan. Weeks later and 3 phone calls later I am still getting we are waiting for a response from japan.I informed them this is a fatigue issue and dangerous .Anybody else have this issue.I will post pics shortly
Have you tried a bore scope to get a look inside the frame tube ? Do you know if the frames are unpainted from new inside or are painted but yours has failed ?

Sounds like it would be worth spraying some GT 85 or WD 40 inside the frame , there are some small holes in the frame that you can get the small diameter tube inside the frame that comes with the GT 85 / WD 40 .
I would be interested to see your pictures .
ben1000z likes this.

post #4 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
didnt your wheel bearings go rusty also? what store are you dealing with?
post #5 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yep there was no grease on the wheel bearings,i am currently dealing with Evolution motorcycles and they have been fine its kawasaki themselfs that is holding things up
post #6 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
Have you tried a bore scope to get a look inside the frame tube ? Do you know if the frames are unpainted from new inside or are painted but yours has failed ?

Sounds like it would be worth spraying some GT 85 or WD 40 inside the frame , there are some small holes in the frame that you can get the small diameter tube inside the frame that comes with the GT 85 / WD 40 .
I would be interested to see your pictures .
If there is consistently rust coming out of the frame then i would presume that it hasnt been primed or painted inside,i havent had a look myself.I wont be spraying anything inside this needs to be fixed by kawasaki.
post #7 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
malh2 Evolution is pretty good. I was going to suggest if it was Peter Stevens to take it else where. If its any consolation it took me over 3months to get Kawasaki to fix my fuel pump on my zx10 05 bc it had rusted and that was still under warranty.
post #8 of 156 Old 12-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malh2 View Post
How far are you from the ocean?
post #9 of 156 Old 12-03-2015, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIR View Post
How far are you from the ocean?
Nowhere near it ,probably 50 kilometers at least.
post #10 of 156 Old 12-03-2015, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRAT33 View Post
malh2 Evolution is pretty good. I was going to suggest if it was Peter Stevens to take it else where. If its any consolation it took me over 3months to get Kawasaki to fix my fuel pump on my zx10 05 bc it had rusted and that was still under warranty.
Is only ever been serviced at Evolution and I have no problems with Chris or his staff.
SPRAT33 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page