8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-01-2015, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ESD warning light

Good day all. I have an H2R. Anyone have any experience with the ESD warning light. Mine started coming on at about the 350 mile mark. Thank you in advance for any feedback or comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
i didnt realise the steering dampner had a light.. lol. Id say take it to the kawi dealer/servicer and see what they say?

Live long, And prosper.
post #3 of 19 Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayski View Post
Good day all. I have an H2R. Anyone have any experience with the ESD warning light. Mine started coming on at about the 350 mile mark. Thank you in advance for any feedback or comments.
Try starting it at a dead stop. No movement. If that doesn't work I think it's battery. Kawi uses very small batteries and in previous bike there has been low voltage issues. I think you were rolling when you turned key however as I did it a million times on my 10r and I suspect all Kawi do this with esd

post #4 of 19 Old 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1000 View Post
Try starting it at a dead stop. No movement. If that doesn't work I think it's battery. Kawi uses very small batteries and in previous bike there has been low voltage issues. I think you were rolling when you turned key however as I did it a million times on my 10r and I suspect all Kawi do this with esd
Did you replace the battery or does keeping it on a battery tender keep it up to par? It doesn't usually come on until I hit approx 44 MPH.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayski View Post
Did you replace the battery or does keeping it on a battery tender keep it up to par? It doesn't usually come on until I hit approx 44 MPH.
That's actually odd. By then the stator SHOULD be making enough power for lights etc so idk sometimes these bikes have issues at low rpm because they're basically drawing more vintage that the bike is creating but at 44 you should be making enough. So long as you don't instantly shift 2,3,4,5,6 by 44 I don't know what yo say.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-03-2015, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Funny you should mention it but the ESD light came on on my bike the other day when I turned the ignition key. There was a moment while I thought "what's that?" before I realised Electronic Steering Damper.

As I knew there was nothing in the menu about it I decided to cycle the ignition. So I turned it off and on again. Problem solved.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-03-2015, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Funny you should mention it but the ESD light came on on my bike the other day when I turned the ignition key. There was a moment while I thought "what's that?" before I realised Electronic Steering Damper.

As I knew there was nothing in the menu about it I decided to cycle the ignition. So I turned it off and on again. Problem solved.
same here
post #8 of 19 Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
When in doubt, best to bring it in to the Kawasaki dealer or your go to service guy.
post #9 of 19 Old 08-04-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I did go to the dealer. They reaffirmed that this problem occurred with the ZX10R, but new nothing about the H2R as they have been provided no information from Kawasaki. They did say that the battery was the fix on the ZX10R. I ordered a new lithium battery and will have it tomorrow. I will install it as soon after its delivery as I can and then test it out.
post #10 of 19 Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Had the ESD light come on. Below is what the Owners Manual says:

*1: ESD (Electronic Steering Damper) indicator may blink and the warning indicator may go on when the ignition switch is turned on with the motorcycle moving. If this happens, first turn the ignition switch off, and then back on with the motorcycle
completely stopped. The ESD and warning indicator should then go off. If they do not, have the ESD system checked by an authorized Kawasaki dealer.

That's what IS what I did and not since
ben1000z, rapidroy1 and STRADALE like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page