Evotech instructions? Advice. - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-13-2015, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Evotech instructions? Advice.

Step 21 in the installation instructions of the tail tidy shows reusing the long OEM wires to connect the lengthened turn signal wires to the main loom. They of course are way too long for this. Those of you who have done the install, what did you do? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-14-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I actually ended up clipping the bike-side connector off the oem extension, and crimping that to the indicator extensions directly. This way you don't have a wad of wires in the "trunk"
post #3 of 15 Old 06-15-2015, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
I would coil or fold the oem wires and put a tie round them. That way you could return it all to the stock tail in the future if needed.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-15-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
You can't totally return everything to stock, still have to cut the connectors off the indicators. Not very hard to reconnect though.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-01-2015, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Evotech tail tidy fitted today .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2befast View Post
Step 21 in the installation instructions of the tail tidy shows reusing the long OEM wires to connect the lengthened turn signal wires to the main loom. They of course are way too long for this. Those of you who have done the install, what did you do? Thanks!!
As other posts suggested I used the tie wraps provided and coiled the extra up in case I ever return it to standard .
I fitted it as per the web site instructions , it is very cramped but can be done with care .
I am very impressed with the new look and also the quality and finish of the brackets , the only bit that irritated me was a lose connection on the indicator extension that just fell out while feeding it through the underside of the bike , I pulled the other wire out to repair and it was very well fixed so maybe I was unlucky to get a duff one .
Fiddly to fit but in my opinion by far the best looking one available on the market and without my pet hate of big bold names written all over it , just a very small " evotech on the underside . Recommended .
post #6 of 15 Old 11-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Yep..they are cool.I have one also.Good job with that
post #7 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have just fitted the evotech tail tidy as per instructions, now the rear indicators don't work, and the front ones blink fast, so maybe a grounding issue? the licence plate light works. I tried re-connecting the bullet connections at the indicator point but no luck, ended up soldering the wires from the indicators into the extension female part just incase there was a crook connection - still no luck! Any ideas?

Don.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2015 View Post
I have just fitted the evotech tail tidy as per instructions, now the rear indicators don't work, and the front ones blink fast, so maybe a grounding issue? the licence plate light works. I tried re-connecting the bullet connections at the indicator point but no luck, ended up soldering the wires from the indicators into the extension female part just incase there was a crook connection - still no luck! Any ideas?

Don.
Don, have you got the polarity right?
post #9 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Don, have you got the polarity right?

As far as I know yes, the wiring has been connected white for white and black for black across the bullet connectors. I may however swap over the wiring just incase.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM

I will have a fresh look tomorrow, 11pm here now, maybe something obvious I'm not seeing as this should be a straight forward procedure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page