Ninja H2 banner

Evotech instructions? Advice.

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  NOLA 
#1 ·
Step 21 in the installation instructions of the tail tidy shows reusing the long OEM wires to connect the lengthened turn signal wires to the main loom. They of course are way too long for this. Those of you who have done the install, what did you do? Thanks!!

#5 ·
Evotech tail tidy fitted today .

As other posts suggested I used the tie wraps provided and coiled the extra up in case I ever return it to standard .
I fitted it as per the web site instructions , it is very cramped but can be done with care .
I am very impressed with the new look and also the quality and finish of the brackets , the only bit that irritated me was a lose connection on the indicator extension that just fell out while feeding it through the underside of the bike , I pulled the other wire out to repair and it was very well fixed so maybe I was unlucky to get a duff one .
Fiddly to fit but in my opinion by far the best looking one available on the market and without my pet hate of big bold names written all over it , just a very small " evotech on the underside . Recommended .

#7 ·
I have just fitted the evotech tail tidy as per instructions, now the rear indicators don't work, and the front ones blink fast, so maybe a grounding issue? the licence plate light works. I tried re-connecting the bullet connections at the indicator point but no luck, ended up soldering the wires from the indicators into the extension female part just incase there was a crook connection - still no luck! Any ideas?

Don.

#12 ·
BobC and Nola, both correct!

When I first fitted the bullet connectors supplied, I mistakenly assumed the wiring would be white to white, black to black - when I couldn't get a good grip with crimping the connectors to the wires, I soldered them.
Today I took them apart again and swapped white to black wiring with desired result. Seemed counter intuitive to me at first as I thought the continuation of wiring colouring across the connectors would be correct.

Live and learn, thanks fellas.

Don.

#13 ·
Ever sit in traffic and watch the car in front of you or behind you and the turn signal is flashing fast as fuk. Either one of the bulbs (front or back) is burnt out and its causing the resistance to change and flash really fast (and the owner is oblivious) or someone changed the relay to the wrong one when it blew or the car was wrecked. Usually the bulb. I don't know how people drive around and use one side and its nice and slow and rhythmic and the other is like its on crack,...and not question it.

NOLA

#15 ·
Yeah, cool. It usually is the most simple answer being the correct one.

I was talking to a guy and he was about to dissect his CAN BUS controller and BBS and all kinds of other exotic stuff, and I asked if he was sure he didn't wire it backwards. He did.

Ontological parsimony

NOLA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.