15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bridgestone RS10 construction

Hi all, trying to find out what sort of construction the Bridgestone RS10 standard H2 tyre has, because shortly I will be looking for an alternative. I am assuming because the weight and power it has a harder carcass.
Does anyone actually know for a fact what it is?
Because I am looking for an alternative tyre soon I think knowing that, then working out (with the alternatives) tyre circumference to be as close to the RS10 as possible to avoid TC problems. I want to go for a 190/55 proposition as there are so many more options in that size....
Jeffro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
They take rubber and put it in a mold, apply heat and pressure and it becomes a tire. Thats the construction of a RS10.

Have you tried the search function ? Its in the upper right with the green box with a white magnifying glass in it. This tire dilemma is asked and answered ad nauseam. Creating a new post every time you have a new idea or question is the easy way out. Just search it

NOLA
post #3 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)

post #4 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
@NOLA
So you don't know the answer?
As for my question it's simple...what type of construction is it? Hard or otherwise?
Yes lots info but haven't seen any facts on the carcass construction. It's not an easy way out, it's a forum and I intend to use the facility regardless what you think.
So the question stands...does anyone know the answer because Nola doesn't
Jeffro
Brig10r likes this.
post #5 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Must be soft construction as they have not lasted most of us 1-1500 miles on the rear. i'm on Roso Corsa 3 and found them to be very good. check our my what summer tyres for lots of feedback on tyres

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #6 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
@NOLA
So you don't know the answer?
As for my question it's simple...what type of construction is it? Hard or otherwise?
Yes lots info but haven't seen any facts on the carcass construction. It's not an easy way out, it's a forum and I intend to use the facility regardless what you think.
So the question stands...does anyone know the answer because Nola doesn't
Jeffro
Have you checked Bridgestone's site?

BATTLAX RACING STREET RS10 | Motorcycle Tires | Bridgestone Corporation

They use GP belt technology for all of their tires. Whether that translates into "hard" or "soft" as you put it, is subjective.
BATTLAX Technology | Motorcycle Tires | Bridgestone Corporation

To NOLA's point, in my line of work (and I'm sure others), I have to be resourceful because the answers are not always readily apparent, or even documented. It's been the reason for success in my field.

I don't want to get on a high horse so please just take this as constructive criticism based on the earlier posts in this thread. In life, you may find that more people will be willing to help you if you've already done some homework/footwork and 'state so' accordingly.

Even though NOLA has some thorns and can be rough around the edges here and there (You KNOW it's true NOLA. LOL ), he was still gracious to respond. There have been other threads here where a question was asked and no one even bothered to answer because everyone knew unanimously in their minds that the topic has already been well covered, documented, and in some cases all out war resulted. In my case, I read this board nearly 6 months straight before I joined so as to familiarize myself with the content. In another case, I did a vintage build (my ZX7R racebike) and literally everything I learned about building that bike was learned by using the search feature on ZXForums and Redmonkey.

So I don't think you were wrong by posting a question, that's what forums are for. However, you might find that there is already a wealth of information here. Even good posts by people who no longer frequent the board.

I think in cases like these, if I was a board owner I would put together a FAQ.
STRADALE, racer172 and NOLA like this.

Last edited by Turbo329; 03-21-2017 at 12:53 PM.
post #7 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remal View Post
Must be soft construction as they have not lasted most of us 1-1500 miles on the rear. i
HA! this was the tire that came on my bike, cooked after 500 miles, and this was during the bike's "brake-in-period" LOL
yeah they are soft and work great with the bike but obviously don't last long.
also when they get to the point of this tire the traction drops off the table, I was sliding all over the place.
So they work great until they don't at all.

STRADALE and Jeffro like this.

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Velocity Stacks .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. SBS brake pads .. Lightech gas cap
post #8 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage
I understand both sides. Maybe what Jeffro could have done though is post the question in the "Fair Weather Tire" thread just so information on tires aren't spread out into different threads. But no biggy, it's not like the forum is so active that threads are getting pushed down.

Nate beat me to it posting Bridgestones website, if you look at Bridgestone's site there is a ton on info on RS-10 construction if you hit those small icons at the bottom:

They also use graphics/ a chart for showing what the tire is made for/where the tire does it's best work, anyone try the RS-10 R or R-10 Evo? Not available in 200 though:

If you are comparing tires/companies the tire manufacturers make it easy to narrow your search by giving you the categories that each tire was made for Bridgestone uses the tag "Racing/Street" for DOT circuit tires. On Michelins site "Racing"/DOT, it's their Power Cup Evo

In that same circuit/street category Pirelli uses the tag "Racing"/"Road" for their SuperCorsa SP

The Supercorsa SP's are OEM on Ducati Panigale, BMW S1000RR. On the new Honda Fireblade SP both the RS10 & the Supercorsa SP's will be fitted dependent on region, etc. That's an upgrade from the Dunlop Road Sports & Bridgestone S21's that are fitted on the standard Blade.

I've never tried Michelins Power Cup Evo but Jeffro as I mentioned in the other thread; if you want to go w/ Michelin & want to stay with a tire that is as close to the tire Kawi. selected/the RS-10 for it's track/street properties then that's the tire I would look into for your H2 & not the Power Pilot 2CT, which even according to Michelin it's not in their track/street tire category & imo isn't going to a good tire to install on the H2 if you want to be in the same category that the RS-10 & Supercorsa SP's are in.

I'm switching to the Pirelli's for the sole reason is that I think it could be a better tire than the RS-10 for the riding I do, how much mileage I get is secondary but we'll see, from what I understand the Supercorsa SP is just as soft & sticky as the RS-10.

The RS-10 is a great tire especially the rear, one thing that's annoying w/ the RS10's is how fast the front gets worn, I get a defined 1.5" wide high spot in the middle of the front tire. I know it's from the harder compound in the center but it doesn't wear anywhere close to how quick the sides of the front wear down or how quickly the middle of the rear wears on the street & that's even from straight'ish street/highway miles. Not sure but believe the Supercorsa SP's use harder compound in the center of the rears but not the front, if so that would also be a big benefit for my high mileage street/highway riding, w/ each of my RS10 sets (without trips to the track) my rear has worn flat in the middle & the front has worn out the sides.
Jeffro likes this.
post #9 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Garage
I wouldn't have thought you'd get a TC problem by switching to a different make of tyre. After all the system has to allow for normal wear which sees a change in circumference.
Jeffro likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I wouldn't have thought you'd get a TC problem by switching to a different make of tyre. After all the system has to allow for normal wear which sees a change in circumference.

True. And to allow for different conditions; same tire but cold vs hot.... Or take the bike l just mentioned the new Blade SP, that bike comes fitted w/ different tires,,, both the Bridgestone RS-10 and the Pirelli Supercorsa SP are used as OEM tires on that bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page