4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Huge radiator

Today installed the Evotech radiator guard. It's made very well and fitted like it was meant to be there, but how BIG is the radiator! When you hold that guard in your hands it's almost like... is this the right size? I knew about the updated and big radiator efficiency but didn't realise the scale of it.
Jeffro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
needs to be big to keep the epic engine and supercharger cool

and I know what you mean about holding things in you hand and thinking HOW BIG!

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #3 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage
When I drained & removed the radiator & then filled w/ fresh Coolanol thought she was never going to get full. Between filling the the radiator to the neck (only fills completely on side stand) then running it for a few minutes into the engine, water pipes & then topping off the reserve to Full, she drank down close to 2 bottles (at 2 quarts each).
Jeffro likes this.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Today installed the Evotech radiator guard. It's made very well and fitted like it was meant to be there, but how BIG is the radiator! When you hold that guard in your hands it's almost like... is this the right size? I knew about the updated and big radiator efficiency but didn't realise the scale of it.
Jeffro
Jeffro,

Received the Evotech radiator guard on Friday.

How long did it take you to fit the guard and are there any hints to make the job easier?

Just need the bike to install it on now.

Thanks,

Phil.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remal View Post
needs to be big to keep the epic engine and supercharger cool

and I know what you mean about holding things in you hand and thinking HOW BIG!
Sounds like wishful thinking to me ha
post #6 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushy2914 View Post
Jeffro,

Received the Evotech radiator guard on Friday.

How long did it take you to fit the guard and are there any hints to make the job easier?

Just need the bike to install it on now.

Thanks,

Phil.
Phil,
Hi mate how's it going? Yes the guard is well made fits pretty good. Took me around 2 hours or so, but that was taking my time. You have to take off the left fairing completely. As long as you are methodical you will be fine. I found unclipping the two rectifier plugs ( which are attached to the inside of the fairing a bit hard to do). Only because I haven't done it before, I have big hands which don't help, and the plugs were locked in solid. There is not much room to get your hand in there, but with a bit of manipulation and patience it came apart. The left fairing panel is quite small really, but being highly polished, care is what's needed. Once the left panel is removed, you need to undo the bottom radiator support bolt. You need to apply the supplied felt strips on each side of the front header tanks. I cleaned the header tank sides with metho to ensure the felt stuck well. You can reach across ( bit tight) to the right side header tank to do the same. You don't need to remove right fairing. Then carefully slide the guard across and into position. The top guard has some tangs which go under the supporting plastic panelling above the radiator on both sides. Push the top guard in towards the engine firmly til it locates flat against the felt you just applied on header tanks and complete the job by securing the bottom of the guard into the bottom radiator support and then do up the bolt again. According to the instructions that's it, but I went one step further to ensure the security of the guard. At the bottom corners I threaded through the guard some small plastic ties and secured them to the bottom of the radiator. This ensures the screen is right up against the radiator at the bottom and in my opinion secures it from 5 points instead of only three. I discreetly cut the ties right back so you can't see them to make the guard well secured but nice and neat too.
If you look online there are instructions from Evotech which are pretty close to what you have to do.
Just a tip about the removal of the rectifier plugs, before attempting to remove push down the plugs firmly home, THEN push clip IN all the way turn & wiggle plugs free. Mine were very tight and took more than a few efforts to loosen and remove. On reassembly I sprayed some silicone spray on the clips to make it easier next time. I always spray silicone spray on lugs or this sort thing especially fairing lugs or supports on first time removals as next time it will free itself much easier.
Hope this helps....if you don't feel confident let me know I can come over to Canberra for the day and give you a hand.
Hope you get that bike soon, guard isn't much good without it!
Jeffro
STRADALE and Bushy2914 like this.

Last edited by Jeffro; 03-18-2017 at 07:48 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Do you have a pic Jeffro? Would be great to see it installed on your machine sir!! Thanks!
post #8 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niobium23 View Post
Do you have a pic Jeffro? Would be great to see it installed on your machine sir!! Thanks!
Niobium23,
Yep no worries will do, when I can will post couple pics...
Jeffro
post #9 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Huge radiator-img_0510.jpg

Huge radiator-img_0511.jpg
Took few pictures this morning for you...l
Jeffro

Sorry but they loaded sideways...

Last edited by Jeffro; 03-19-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Typo
post #10 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
That looks like an excellent upgrade! Thanks for the info and pics on this one sir!!!
Jeffro likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page