LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
How do the US riders post ---

high speed run's on Youtube without a knock on the door from the old fuzz (Cops)

I've seen posted on FB and links on here to Boosted's and 650i links on youtube and other vids. Watched as they post high speed run's on the H2 and other various bikes. Some impressive vids and roads

But how do the cops take these vids? can they do anything about it?

Just interested to find out as in the UK (and probably other country's) you would get a raid from the cops wanting to see the vids and thus prosecute you for dangerous riding and speeding.

cheers

Matt

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remal View Post
high speed run's on Youtube without a knock on the door from the old fuzz (Cops)

I've seen posted on FB and links on here to Boosted's and 650i links on youtube and other vids. Watched as they post high speed run's on the H2 and other various bikes. Some impressive vids and roads

But how do the cops take these vids? can they do anything about it?

Just interested to find out as in the UK (and probably other country's) you would get a raid from the cops wanting to see the vids and thus prosecute you for dangerous riding and speeding.

cheers

Matt
Hey Matt how's things? Oh can't wait hear the replies to this one...
Jeffro
post #3 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Ello Jeffro

How do the Police in OZ feel about speeding.

We keep getting "speeding kills " through at our faces in the UK. Speeding does not kill. hitting things kill. I've talked to on duty police and off duty or ex police and they all say pretty much the same to me. Find a nice place and check then gun it.

If I posted some of my vids online I would be having a visit from the old fuzz myself and know of people in the UK put away for posting high speed run's in the UK. No damage to anyone just speeding

Motorcyclist jailed after posting footage of 130mph stunts on YouTube - Telegraph
Motorcyclist jailed for two years after headcam footage showed him speeding at more than 150mph | London Evening Standard

Mayb be a bad example of the above but loads in the media every year. Some just speeding and others enjoying themselves to much and then posting it online

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2

post #4 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remal View Post
Ello Jeffro

How do the Police in OZ feel about speeding.

We keep getting "speeding kills " through at our faces in the UK. Speeding does not kill. hitting things kill. I've talked to on duty police and off duty or ex police and they all say pretty much the same to me. Find a nice place and check then gun it.

If I posted some of my vids online I would be having a visit from the old fuzz myself and know of people in the UK put away for posting high speed run's in the UK. No damage to anyone just speeding

Motorcyclist jailed after posting footage of 130mph stunts on YouTube - Telegraph
Motorcyclist jailed for two years after headcam footage showed him speeding at more than 150mph | London Evening Standard

Mayb be a bad example of the above but loads in the media every year. Some just speeding and others enjoying themselves to much and then posting it online
Hey mate going well and loving the H2!
Here the cops are just pricks! Especially in NSW where I am, the "Highway Patrol" have absolutely no mercy particularly to bikes. Yes and here occasionally some may get convicted from You tube vids etc no different to the UK by the sound of it. Here they have no tolerance most people especially riders think the police are just a bunch of c---s.
I wrote I couldn't wait to hear the replies from our US cousins because they are all pretty mad anyway including the cops. As they say it all happens there...
Anyway mate just resting after a very hot day at work close to 40 degrees Celsius!
Currently a heat wave in a Sydney
Jeffro
remal likes this.
post #5 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage
I've often wondered how they get away with it too.

Don't know if any of you guys remember Ghostrider. He was a Swede who posted extreme videos of himself riding through Stockholm. He's now a respectable member of our club and attends the World Wheelie Championships at Elvington. I guess we all grow up eventually, those of us who live that long !!!

Jeffro, send us some of the Oz weather please. Fed up with this horrible winter.
Jeffro likes this.
post #6 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I've often wondered how they get away with it too.

Don't know if any of you guys remember Ghostrider. He was a Swede who posted extreme videos of himself riding through Stockholm. He's now a respectable member of our club and attends the World Wheelie Championships at Elvington. I guess we all grow up eventually, those of us who live that long !!!

Jeffro, send us some of the Oz weather please. Fed up with this horrible winter.

Christ used to Enjoy Ghostrider vids. heard lots of things when he went away. Died, prison etc.. but seems he's not a straigtliner

And yes jeffro sod off. wet and cold here
Jeffro likes this.

post #7 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
U.S. cops just dont go out and find crimes to prosecute, like trolling around on YouTube looking for U.S. riders doing dumb stuff. There arent any active motor vehicle units that seek out crimes posted on the internet. If for some reason someone brought it to their attention they would take action, but its not like the UK where they are obsessed with it.

Also, in the U.S. the motorcycle licensing is not remotely like the UK version. We dont have to advance thru the cc sizes to be licensed. You either have a motorcycle endorsement or you dont. If you do, you can walk in any dealer and buy a 1000cc bike and ride off with it. I know this changed quite a few years back in the UK, but its always been different in the U.S.

NOLA
STRADALE likes this.

Last edited by NOLA; 01-30-2017 at 10:36 AM.
post #8 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Jeffro, you're winding me right up about the weather, I'm pi##ed off with this f##king sh#thole dark freezing rock of a country and counting the hours until we see a glimmer of sunlight and then you throw us a "its 40'c in Sidney" comment, FFS I'm depressed as it is!! It will take two months to wash away the salt on our roads... PS cool city, been twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jeffro likes this.
post #9 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Nola, back in the day I passed bike test on a ratty CG125.... similar to a H2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10 of 39 Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
@Lamf1969

Its cool and breezy here. Not a cloud in the sky. Just sayin

NOLA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page