post #1 of 36 Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
What tyres Fair weather tyre

For the H2.

Currently on bridgestone RS10's which have been good but from the looks of it will be shot by 1k on the rear.

To give you a idea of what riding I do and what i look at for tyres as follows:
Fair weather. It's a toy for me so no commuting and will be used for fast road and maybe track.
Not really going out in the wet this summer if I can help it.
I'm not looking for loads of life but maybe a bit more than the R10 and as the H2 eat's rear it's going to lower the miles from the rear on many tyres.

I don't have a favorite tyre maker and like to try new tyres to see what they are like. So in the past have had bridgestone 014,015,016, Dunlop D211GP's and Sportsmarts, And mezler M7RR

So was thinking of trying either Supercorsas, RACETEC RR or Dunlop D212 GP Pro. But even then unsure what type of compound to use if their is a choice

So thoughts and suggestions on what people have used and recommend

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2

Last edited by remal; 05-17-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 05-17-2016, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
I have in the past used bridgestone 003RS on my zx9 track bike and loved them and they may suit what u want never lacked grip,however on the h2 as i use it in different conditions i choose M7rr.
post #3 of 36 Old 05-18-2016, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
A few have suggested the M7rr and also the Diablo Rosso Corsa which I'm going to look into

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2

post #4 of 36 Old 05-18-2016, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Garage
I am also interested in people's experiences with other tyres on the H2.

My original RS10 rear lasted a whole year of LSR meetings, maybe 25 or so top speed runs plus some road riding. I fitted a new one last month for this season. The original had done about 1,300 miles which I thought was good in the circumstances. Acceleration to 200mph really tests a tyre and the RS10 took it all with never a problem. It got that rough grainy look after a top speed run and that smoothed out a bit with moderate road riding. Which is why I went for the same again but I would like to know what other H2 riders have fitted.
post #5 of 36 Old 07-05-2016, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
With over 1k on the bike now i'm getting close to needing a new rear and still unsure if I want a sticky low mileage rear or like the Supercorsa or something that will give me a little more milage and be less track orientated. As i'm not doing any trackdays this year thinking M7RR or similar

Anyone else have any feedback on what they have on their H2's at the moment

post #6 of 36 Old 07-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
I put on Michelin PP 3 for street riding with no KTRC issues. I figure they'll last ~4k Miles
Jeffro likes this.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #7 of 36 Old 01-29-2017, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I will be trying the Michelin Pilot power 2CT soon. Had great success with these before, great durability very sticky and allow lean angles to around 52 degrees. They have a V profile which allows good tip in properties but importantly at full lean angle more rubber than normal is in contact with the ground giving confidence inspiring grip.
Not good in wet though - be careful!
Typical Michelin technology though, Michelin are the best street tyre out there - period! Even from a cold start the technology allows much better grip than all other manufacturers, so for the street at least you cannot get better. Many of all the so called great brands ( I have used nearly all) need at least 10 or 20kms riding to warm up tyre and wheel, but these work very well even before full temp. Of course before attempting to change from your stock RS10 tyres (which the H2 is designed for or vice versa) need to make sure you check circumference is similar or be prepared to change suspension settings to achieve the geometry the bike was designed for, or find a replacement tyre the same circumference as the RS10 to be as close as possible to correct settings. Many a tyre have been blamed for being crap when in fact the rider or mechanic had not done the homework before replacing tyres on bikes and adjusting suspension/ geometry to suit. I dare say on the H2 it would be even more critical with the TC.
Anyway will keep you updated soon regarding my choice...Also keep in mind this information is regarding the street not the track! Track is another kettle of fish! I understand tyre choice and loyalties can start wars.. not interested, the above just my humble opinion!
Let you know when I get them...
Regards
Jeffro
Kawiguy454 likes this.

Last edited by Jeffro; 01-29-2017 at 12:39 AM.
post #8 of 36 Old 01-29-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
I put on Michelin PP 3 for street riding with no KTRC issues. I figure they'll last ~4k Miles
Just out of interest how are the PP3 s going? Are you getting good enough performance from them for the H2? I know the tyre very well as I had some years ago, I am inclined to think they are not up to standard for something like the H2... what do you think? They are not a high standard sports tyre like some other Michelins on the market. What sort mileage have you or got from them?
I had some Pilot 4GTs on my last Busa and were excellent for that application.
Regards
Jeffro

Last edited by Jeffro; 01-30-2017 at 01:06 AM.
post #9 of 36 Old 01-29-2017, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I went for the Rosso Corsa 3 and found them to be very good so far. Not that I've ridden for a few months due to **** weather but done around 500 miles on them and found them to be very good in all conditions and with almost half the miles on the RS10 they have not worn much at all

post #10 of 36 Old 01-30-2017, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remal View Post
I went for the Rosso Corsa 3 and found them to be very good so far. Not that I've ridden for a few months due to **** weather but done around 500 miles on them and found them to be very good in all conditions and with almost half the miles on the RS10 they have not worn much at all
Fair enough but good luck with the Pirellis I hate them probably because I had some spills on them. Many moons ago they were the choice tyre but these days I reckon they are very overrated. Try Michelins some time in the future you may be pleasantly surprised!
Jeffro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page