17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 09-30-2014, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No Belly Pan...

Ok color me confused, the H2-R is for closed course competition only, right. So then why would they build the thing minus a belly pan? Ok cooling, fine, but the majority of track days and clubs REQUIRE a belly pan....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah i wonder why they decided not to have one. Not only would it look good, but it would aid in stability at higher speeds.

Having a belly pan would also increase the velocity of air around the components, increasing heat transfer(cooling) to the air right?
Klotzo likes this.
post #3 of 40 Old 11-25-2014, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@NAOS I think you are on the right track. More so about drawing the heat away and cooling it down. Down the road I can see an aftermarket fairing company making a carbon belly ban for the H2.

post #4 of 40 Old 11-25-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
I think they did not add one, because it would disrupt air flow exiting the engine?

The way it looks , air flow was a major component in designing these 2 monsters.

2008 ZX-10R (modified)
post #5 of 40 Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
I saw a couple of pics with what looked like tabs with a wellnut or something right at the inner bottom part of the fairing...where it meets the radiator there.Can't see em in every pic...but they looked like attachment points for a lower fairing possibly?Would be nice to be able to save those very cool header pipes from road grime and such.They didn't appear to be part of the radiator/fairing attachment point.May have been actually welded to the bottom of the rad.????

Maybe after actually getting it...the idea of a belly pan may not be as important...this thing was totally purpose built...not having that pan kinda adds to the overall styling of this bird.I think anyway.Probably aftermarket will come up with something....lots of heat down there though....

Last edited by SilverbirdH2; 11-26-2014 at 11:41 AM.
post #6 of 40 Old 11-26-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbirdH2 View Post
I saw a couple of pics with what looked like tabs with a wellnut or something right at the inner bottom part of the fairing...where it meets the radiator there.Can't see em in every pic...but they looked like attachment points for a lower fairing possibly?Would be nice to be able to save those very cool header pipes from road grime and such.They didn't appear to be part of the radiator/fairing attachment point.May have been actually welded to the bottom of the rad.????

Maybe after actually getting it...the idea of a belly pan may not be as important...this thing was totally purpose built...not having that pan kinda adds to the overall styling of this bird.I think anyway.Probably aftermarket will come up with something....lots of heat down there though....
I'm thinking similar as well, as mentioned in OP, you need a belly on track...
post #7 of 40 Old 11-26-2014, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Not required to have a belly-pan as such, just a catch tray.
post #8 of 40 Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Bazza said..."So then why would they build the thing minus a belly pan? Ok cooling, fine, but the majority of track days and clubs REQUIRE a belly pan.... "...maybe they were anticipating the legendary Ninja 'no-leak' design.Obviously...they're not worried about grenading the motor
post #9 of 40 Old 11-27-2014, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Just a personal opinion but I like to see the stainless headers snaking their way down and around. What I don't like is when manufacturers cover everything in plastic. This is why Kaw did not use a pre-muffler like ALL the others, they want you to see their handiwork!
post #10 of 40 Old 11-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I think it has to do with cooling. You can see how hot the exhaust gets (red hot). I am thinking that a belly pan could close in heat too much for the bike.
SilverbirdH2 and Fretka like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page