LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
vjs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
H2 for tall riders?

Not sure if this right forume section I should put this topic in. Anyway, as I am still waiting for my H2 2016 which I should get in the end of January 2016 I was curious how comfy this bike is for tall riders. Me is 6.7' tall. When visiting Eicma 2015 in Milan last moth I did have a chance to sit on H2 and obviously I felt my legs were a bit to high when sitting on a bike. Actually I felt not so comfortabe sitting on a bike. I know adjustable rearsets would solve this issue. I think no any aftermarket rearsets are available on sale yet? Should I go with some custom made footrest hanger re-location plates maybe? Any shared experience would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
there are a few choice of after rearsets on the market, but not my cup of tea
post #3 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjs View Post
Not sure if this right forume section I should put this topic in. Anyway, as I am still waiting for my H2 2016 which I should get in the end of January 2016 I was curious how comfy this bike is for tall riders. Me is 6.7' tall. When visiting Eicma 2015 in Milan last moth I did have a chance to sit on H2 and obviously I felt my legs were a bit to high when sitting on a bike. Actually I felt not so comfortabe sitting on a bike. I know adjustable rearsets would solve this issue. I think no any aftermarket rearsets are available on sale yet? Should I go with some custom made footrest hanger re-location plates maybe? Any shared experience would be appreciated.
6.7' ! Future add on this forum .
2016 H2 for sale only 70 miles showing and in immaculate condition, will part exchange for five years chiropractor sessions. Message VJS .

post #4 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
vjs

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
Quote:
6.7' ! Future add on this forum .
2016 H2 for sale only 70 miles showing and in immaculate condition, will part exchange for five years chiropractor sessions. Message VJS .
That was "very" helpfull. Actualy being such tall I ride superbikes since 2000. So sorry no H2 future sale with 70 miles on clocks
post #5 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
6'7"?...hey,it can work.Maybe once you start riding,you'll find it's a very comfy ride.I think so anyway.Congrats on your purchase.
post #6 of 21 Old 12-24-2015, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
vjs

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbirdH2 View Post
6'7"?...hey,it can work.Maybe once you start riding,you'll find it's a very comfy ride.I think so anyway.Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks mate.
No drama here. I meet this problem occasionaly when purchasing a new bike. If not found for an aftermarket rearsets will ride and enjoy the bike as is. Thought maybe there are some aftermarket adhustable rearsets...

Last edited by vjs; 12-25-2015 at 01:59 AM.
post #7 of 21 Old 12-25-2015, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
That was "very" helpfull. Actualy being such tall I ride superbikes since 2000. So sorry no H2 future sale with 70 miles on clocks
I hope it fits you like a glove but I think you will look big on it , the H2 is fairly small and with a tail tidy looks about a foot shorter .
One thing for sure is it will impress the **** out of you . Good luck .
post #8 of 21 Old 12-25-2015, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
vjs

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
Quote:
I hope it fits you like a glove but I think you will look big on it , the H2 is fairly small and with a tail tidy looks about a foot shorter .
One thing for sure is it will impress the **** out of you . Good luck .
Thanks mate
post #9 of 21 Old 12-25-2015, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
I am 60 years old and 6' 4" and can ride this bike fine. Yes, your legs will be a bit cramped and it will be hard for you to tuck in, but the speed and power will make up for a bunch of the discomfort. At least being that tall you probably have long arms too, which will help. Once you get at freeway speeds the wind will take a lot of load off of you. I don't think you will need any seat mods or rear sets.
h2rcx likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 12-25-2015, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
At 6 foot 2 I found IT loves a tall rider. Keeping the front end down a great workout.
SilverbirdH2 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page