LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-15-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from a new guy

Hello all,
I have been on this site a lot, but had never registered until today. I am not the greatest with Social Media, forums, chat rooms etc, (this is actually the first forum I have been a member of).

I have been riding on the street for 20 some odd years, mostly on ZX7's or ZX10's, and have tried the track once(which I plan to return some day to). I am VP in a local MC that I am also a Founder of. Due to my work schedule I now mostly ride on weekends and rarely a weeknight April-Sept.

I bought my 2015 H2 in March of last year and have loved every second of it since. On a very warm day in Dec. 2015 I went out for a ride on my 2008 ZX10 and snapped my chain which damaged my engine case along with so other odds and ends, so instead of putting the aged girl back together I decided to look for a new girl to spend my time with. My Local Dealer had a 2016 H2 on the floor along with ZX10's, but the price tag of the H2 made me want to think about the decision plus I didnt care for the gray frame as much as the green either! So while thinking about what bike should be my next girl, I received a call from my mechanic (not the Local Dealer) who knew I was looking at the H2 and told me that a Used one had just appeared at another Dealer. So a friend of mine who knows the Owner of the Shop who has the used H2 and I went to check it out (after I already had the financing approved of course) and I fell in love with it. The Bike had 200 miles on it, and the story I got whether its true or not, was that a rich father had bought the bike for his son who refused to pay the insurance, so to teach him a lesson the father sold it. I like to think the bike really scarred the last owner.

I brought her home and so far eliminated the stock fender, added a SC-project slip on (full system, flash, & PCV still to come at a later date) applied some Dr. Beasleys paint protection, added a cell phone mount, Puig double bouble and rode it for the season. I ended up roasting the stock rear tire around 1500 miles and chose to try a new brand that hopefully had grip with more mileage. I chose a Michelin Pilot Power 3, which I have not been impressed at all by. I plan to return to the Bridgestone's this season.

Well there is my introduction.
Hello all
STRADALE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Benny,

Welcome to the forum. I am awaiting the delivery of my 2017 H2 and am getting more anxious to get my hands on the bike as soon as possible.

There is a lot of information on here about flashing and different systems to suit the bike.

Phil.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Hello and welcome

Rob

Adventure before Dementia

post #4 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Hi Benny, welcome to the mad house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyZXH2 View Post
Hello all,
I have been on this site a lot, but had never registered until today. I am not the greatest with Social Media, forums, chat rooms etc, (this is actually the first forum I have been a member of).

I have been riding on the street for 20 some odd years, mostly on ZX7's or ZX10's, and have tried the track once(which I plan to return some day to). I am VP in a local MC that I am also a Founder of. Due to my work schedule I now mostly ride on weekends and rarely a weeknight April-Sept.

I bought my 2015 H2 in March of last year and have loved every second of it since. On a very warm day in Dec. 2015 I went out for a ride on my 2008 ZX10 and snapped my chain which damaged my engine case along with so other odds and ends, so instead of putting the aged girl back together I decided to look for a new girl to spend my time with. My Local Dealer had a 2016 H2 on the floor along with ZX10's, but the price tag of the H2 made me want to think about the decision plus I didnt care for the gray frame as much as the green either! So while thinking about what bike should be my next girl, I received a call from my mechanic (not the Local Dealer) who knew I was looking at the H2 and told me that a Used one had just appeared at another Dealer. So a friend of mine who knows the Owner of the Shop who has the used H2 and I went to check it out (after I already had the financing approved of course) and I fell in love with it. The Bike had 200 miles on it, and the story I got whether its true or not, was that a rich father had bought the bike for his son who refused to pay the insurance, so to teach him a lesson the father sold it. I like to think the bike really scarred the last owner.

I brought her home and so far eliminated the stock fender, added a SC-project slip on (full system, flash, & PCV still to come at a later date) applied some Dr. Beasleys paint protection, added a cell phone mount, Puig double bouble and rode it for the season. I ended up roasting the stock rear tire around 1500 miles and chose to try a new brand that hopefully had grip with more mileage. I chose a Michelin Pilot Power 3, which I have not been impressed at all by. I plan to return to the Bridgestone's this season.

Well there is my introduction.
Hello all

Cool intro. Welcome to the forum & congrats on the H2.

Just wait till you do those mods; flash, PCV, full system, you're going to love it.

VERY Cool to have another MC Officer on the forum, I'm Sergeant of Arms for my "New York" (bottom rocker) MC.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
@BennyZXH2
Welcome!
post #7 of 13 Old 03-16-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Hi & Welcome - your screen - I don't know why but that' the first time I have seen a Puig for the H2.
I'd love to see a few pics of yours if you have some.

Puig For the bike model Kawasaki NINJA H2 2016 | Puig

These are all from the same angle. Looks cool. I need a screen, I get a nasty flutter with a particular jacket collar, breaks the concentration.

Have fun.

Gary
post #8 of 13 Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Welcome mate to the forum
Jeffro
post #9 of 13 Old 03-18-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Hi & Welcome - your screen - I don't know why but that' the first time I have seen a Puig for the H2.
I'd love to see a few pics of yours if you have some.

Puig For the bike model Kawasaki NINJA H2 2016 | Puig

These are all from the same angle. Looks cool. I need a screen, I get a nasty flutter with a particular jacket collar, breaks the concentration.

Have fun.

Gary
Gary-
I looked and don't have any good pics of the screen. I will take a couple tomorrow and post them.

Thanks to all for the warm welcoming.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here are a few pics of my Screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00109 - Copy.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	16042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00121.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	16050   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00124 (2).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	16058  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page