Ninja H2 banner

Hello All H2 Users

11K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  NOLA 
#1 ·
Hi Guys im from Sweden and i just go my H2 2015 today from a dealer. Its a very nice Bike. I just test ride it a little bit cuz its still cold here =P. But now i wounder something i got this big black box and there was a usb and all keys and the service guide but no user manual/bok. Isn't that included when u get the bike ? the bike is almost new its still in the brak in period, and i should have warranty 1 more year. But when i open the service guide nothing is recorded in it, its all new ? should it not be signed by the dealer where it says inspection before delivery ? I wounder cuz i want my kawasaki warranty to be legit. i send som pic on the book.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks rapidroy1. So with out this book im out of warranty right ? the bike have not done first service yet, it only have 470 km on the clock and it was out on the street from the dealer 2016-05 so i should have 1 more year of kawa warranty. And my first service should be on 1000 km.

#10 · (Edited)
Congrats on the bike & welcome to the forum. It's definitely subjective but totally agree absolute best looking year H2, the O.G. Well think about it, depending on H2 sales, it could have only been a one model year bike, they werent sand bagging & holding back for later,,, Kawi. considered the look carefully for years; all the paint & frame/decal color options & then picked for the 2015's what they thought looked absolutely best.

What's in that book doesn't have anything to do w/ how long the bike is under warranty. You should contact the dealership or Kawi for that info.

I always do the first oil change sooner than the manufacturer recommends for mileage but at minimum you should change the oil every year regardless of mileage plus the oil gets contaminated on bikes (& cars) that sit so you shouldnt wait to hit the 1000km mileage./have the oil change done now considering it's a 2015 & hasnt had it's first service, (was probably assembled approx. 2 years ago) imo the dealership probably should have taken care of this for you.

On the H2 Clutch & brake fluid is changed in year 2, I'm taking care of that along w/ steering stem bearing lub next month on my 2015 H2. Not sure how old your bike is but imo I'd go based on it's manufactured date not it's in service date & depending /for convenience & to be safe you might consider getting those out of the way at the same time as the oil change, brake fluid flush is even more important for vehicles that sit.

#6 ·
Välkommen Zodd!
I would'nt be to worried about a missing book, everything is digital these days and if you go to the dealer with a warrant issue they will use their computer to see if it's legit.

I had my first run for the season yesterday, i felt like an icecube when i got home but it was well worth it! You will love this bike

#7 ·
Thanks man I have a r1 2009 and a zx10r 2011 but this h2 is something els, i love it. But im mad that i didn't get every thing. i will call them tomorrow and see what thy have to say about it. Anything i should know about h2 2015 models ? i was searching for 2015 cuz i like the green frame and stickers ;)

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks all i feel very welcome ;)

I talked to the dealer and he had just forgot to send me the other books, so he send me them today. Now im 100 % happy. The first thing i really need to do is remove the license plate holder and the exhaust. Next is flashing the ecu. But before that i will ride and learn the bike a little bit, before the beast is unleashed =P but i was looking for a Austin racing slip on. Help me here do i really need a full system or can i just buy a nice looking slip on. And there is slip on that remove the cat also or im i wrong and if so do i need to dyno it ? i post a pic, Guys i know about the gear but i was not riding it just a pose pic, hmm the pic i strange

Attachments

#14 ·
EvoTech makes the nicest tail tidys for the H2, Yosh. makes a decent one as well.

Imo definitely just go for it w/ the full exhaust, reflash for full exhaust. The cat is restrictive, heavy & really ugly. Also the OEM headers & cat are over 18lbs, the OEM muffler is another 18+lbs. so you can drop 25lbs w/ a full exhaust. The sound w/ a full exhaust on an H2 is incredible, you won't get there w/ a slip on. You also get to remove the muffler hanger & have the full effect of the single sided swing arm look w/a full exhaust.

Brocks sells a proven, reliable & record setting H2 Guhl/Brocks reflash, PCV, filter, exhaust package that you don't need a dyno tune for but can go that route too. You can't install a slip on & remove the cat unless you cut out the cat (it's welded to the headers) & have a custom mid pipe made, not worth it imo. Instead of going on, you can read info. here, post #5 is basically answering same thing as I was going to say:
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-...ke-off-restriction-power-gain.html#post238610

And here regarding SC project slip on, which is very similar to the Austin Racing:
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/exhaust/19441-sc-project.html

Good luck!

#17 ·
I think I know what you mean, is it when the revs dip too low for the gear your are in and the engine is under load? If you click down a gear and rev it more freely it will go (if we are talking about the same thing) I initially got bogged down a few times and found it much more noisy than my old ZX14 or ZX10 when laboring under load. I guess I was too used to the lazy grunt of the ZX14. Be careful not to do this especially during break in, better to rev freely and vary the RPM. So many theories about break in but most tend not to get too hung up on the strict RPM advice given in the handbook, just don't go crazy until after the first oil change. Enjoy Zodd, it will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#20 ·
4K rpm & that noise probably depends on what gear you're in & the load, uphill, etc. If the motor is laboring you're in too high a gear.

Lamf1969's post above is solid advise. I know what it says in the manual about max rpm during break-in but it is much better for the engine to be in a lower gear at slightly higher revs then a higher gear, lower revs and/or lugging. Some experts say that the recommended very low rpm break-in is actually detrimental to the engines performance & even to reliability in the long term. For many years on bikes I followed the manual to the letter but from what I know now, go at it w/ a more aggressive approach. You probably shouldn't be bouncing off the rev limiter w/ 2 miles on the bike but use more revs, 6,8,10k. Accelerating, decelerating, not keeping it at a steady rpm, not lugging in too low a gear.

As for a chattering noise seems to be a Kawi trait, my brand new ZX-10R would do the same thing, could hear it mostly at idle & when I asked the service manager the response was "typical Kawasaki". Forget if he said it was the cam chain or something else.

We probably all get that feeling w/ a new bike, you hear a noise & your mind starts thinking something is off. Enjoy her & know that this motor is "Built Beyond Belief", okay that was corny, lol!

#19 ·
Aha ye maybe its normal sound i dont know but i know its not cuz im in high gear, the sound also appear when i start in first gear if i do a slow start. but if i rev it to higher rpm the sound gos away. But one thing i know it only sounds when i release the clutch slowly and when im in low rpm. Can it be the throttle body sound ? it more like electronic sound then mechanic. But i love the bike!!!

#26 ·

Hi Zodd welcome to the forum, I have only had my bike a short time and had similar noises too. I think the good advice from above posts should put your mind at ease. You will get used to it and finds it's all good....
Enjoy your bike!
Greetings from Australia!
Jeffro ;)

#27 ·
Thanks Jeffro.

Things i have to do to the bike, is remove the stock pipe ( think i will order alien head slip on for now) and i have to remove the stock fender. I know there is evotec and yoshi but the price fore a fender is to much. Do any one have RG finder installed or a cheap ebay version and can show me some pic how it looks. And do u guys think i should do a oil change on it, or wait fort the first service by kawa dealer. And if i make the oil change should i use motul 7100 or motul 300v, have 5 liter of each.

#31 ·
Zodd - This thread & the post by Brock regarding that stuff might be helpful:
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/19553-stock-muffler-removal.html

Regarding the question about whether you should change your oil or wait till first service, since your bike is a 2015 & hasn't had its first oil change, I would change your oil now & get the first service done now, don't wait to hit 600 miles. The first oil change is the most important one & a lot of guys including myself will tell you it's worth it to get it done even earlier than recommended but you're already past needing it.

The oil change is the majority of that 1st service, plus adjusting chain & just looking things over so don't worry about waiting. As w/ most bikes you should change your oil every year regardless of miles, Kawi recommends that as well w/ the H2; first oil change after year 1 OR 600 miles. whichever comes first, you're probably at or close to 2 years w/ that oil.

#32 ·
Thanks man, should i buy pcv or woolich USB M v3 Package. Cuz i dont want to send my ecu, not yet. And about the oil, my bike was out on the streets first time 2016-08-20 so its only 1 year. but what oil should i use on first change, motul 7100 or v300 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.