LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi from Canberra Australia

Hi all,
Just pulled the trigger and have a 2017 H2 coming in March. Looking forward to getting it and have enjoyed reading the info from you all here.
Owned a lot of bikes over the years and the H2 will share the garage with my Z1000.
Regards
Terry
STRADALE and Jeffro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Welcome Terry, you will not regret the h2. Awesome bike. Adam
Jeffro likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Hey mate I am sure you will love the H2. I have a 16 model bought couple months ago, they are an awesome bike!
Good luck
Jeffro
Sydney....

post #4 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cheers Adam and Jeffro. Was excited when they announced the H2 just couldn't justify it at the time. It became too irresistible especially reading about how happy everyone was. Now the torturous wait till it's ready.
Jeffro likes this.

Last edited by Terry; 01-31-2017 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Typo
post #5 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome & Congratulations Terry!

It's simply the most exciting bike out there.

Make sure the dealership provides all the stuff in the gift packs.

Get it covered straight away in protective film like Expel or similar from a shop that has a lot of experience.

Dont fret much over the break-in, scrub the tires & then ride it like you want to.

Hit up Brocks Performance or a reputable shop for your PCV, ECU reflash, filter, pipe for the derestriction (now mandatory via the new UN regulations on all H2's)

Looking forward to your impressions!
Jeffro and Terry like this.
post #6 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Cheers Adam and Jeffro. Was excited when they announced the H2 just couldn't justify it at the time. It became too irresistible especially reading about how happy everyone was. Now the torturous wait till it's ready.
Yeh mate I was the same I wanted one about year ago but because couldn't test ride it I didn't buy it, but eventually I took the gamble and I can tell you it's much more than my expectations. It's just about Feb now so not that long to wait and enjoy the suspense of waiting.
I don't know what background your from but on here most are modifying or thinking modifying before or just after purchase. I am a little different and have enjoyed it stock standard with just the supplied Akrapovic slip on at least til I get used to the setup. Eventually I suppose I want to "derestrict " it with a flash but in no hurry. It will easily lift the front wheel in first four gears so there's plenty of power. I came from riding two Hayabusas and from the track too, and it surprised me with its get up and go... But I found it it's much more than just the outright power, it has real presence when riding, good handling package for its weight, suspension is just awesome, brakes unbelievable, but best of all the supercharger noise (especially when hugging the tank through corners and head is close to body work it sort of sings to you ha! Great stuff!!
I am new to it but have learnt a lot already on my own and from here too, so if you ever need a hand or want to know something chances are I have already asked or hopefully know about it. And if you ever come to Sydney look me up for a ride perhaps?

And oh yeh nearly forgot, the gift package is pretty sweet, they give you a certificate from Kawasaki Japan (pretty cool) a hardback book on history of Kawasaki Ninja series (in English AND Japanese!) and a flash drive with all the press info of release of the bike, photos, and most importantly the complete service manual....

Keep us updated when you acquire it...
Regards
Jeffro
Terry likes this.

Last edited by Jeffro; 01-31-2017 at 05:55 AM.
post #7 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Hi all,
Just pulled the trigger and have a 2017 H2 coming in March. Looking forward to getting it and have enjoyed reading the info from you all here.
Owned a lot of bikes over the years and the H2 will share the garage with my Z1000.
Regards
Terry
Hi Terry,

I am also from Canberra and ordered my 2017 H2 in early Jan and am expecting delivery in March as well.

Did you order through CMC?

Hopefully they will arrive early in March. Did they give you a estimated date of delivery?

When they arrive, may arrange to meet and do a few K's for the run in period.

Phil.
Jeffro likes this.
post #8 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Terry, I have one of the first 2015 H2's sold in England and I'm keeping it forever.
Jeffro likes this.
post #9 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
welcome to the mad house lol and enjoy. U will love the H2
Jeffro likes this.

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #10 of 29 Old 01-31-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Phil,
Ordered from CMC too. They told me about your order. I am still surprised at the 16 that has been there sold for three months. Haven't got an estimated date yet but happy to link up and put a few km in there during and after run in. Might even get us and Jeffro together for a ride ��
I also chatted to supreme vinyl in Fyshwick and they can xpel wrap the bike for 1100 so that's first thing on delivery �� and a tail tidy. Will probably keep it stock to start and like all my other bikes will end up doing little changes ( that's what I tell my wife) of exhaust, ecu ..... I am sure you alll know how it goes.
Terry
Jeffro and Bushy2914 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page