3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New member with a question about order

Hello my name is David Miller, and just put $2,500 deposit on 2017 H2 (my third Ninja). Been riding since I was 14 Years old - 37 years of riding- so I quess Iím an old man (started in mostly dirt with a Hodaka 125 Wombat, and when parents were not looking, rode on street) Got caught once. Did not see mom coming up hill, and I took off right in front of her She knew it was me, so letís just say when I got home, it was not fun.
Basically, a sport bike rider since 1994 with a ZX-9R, but needed a bike for long trips, and one my girlfriend would like to ride on Ė she does not like riding on my Ninja. I like her on it because she as to lean on my back, the two touch points as you can imagine feel very nice - so ok Iím now a dirty old man. so, I also have a 2016 Yamaha FJR1300A that I will use on long trips.
Live in Seattle, WA Ė but dealer said $15K + $1K accessories credit for the FJR Ė oh they added $1,288 freight, assembly and servicing fee, $300 installation for top case, and dealer fee of $299.50. Bought the bike at a dealer in Oregon with NO Fees out the door.
Now a general question. The dealer I did not purchase the FJR from but ordered my H2 through says that besides the $195 Dealers fee, Iíll have to pay $2,000 for freight, assembly and servicing fee. While I understand the destination (freight) fees, I have never been charged above and beyond what most would consider a reasonable ďservice feeĒ in preparing a motorcycle for use. Has anyone else been hit with this distasteful practice?
remal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum. I can't help with your specific question but had to put down a 1k deposit to secure my bike. The total in the Uk was 22k. Which included my road tax. apart from that I never had to pay anything on top for any bike. They shipping to the dealer, and assembly was included in the total agree fee in the UK.

So unless others in the US have had to pay on top of the total price I think they are taking the pee

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #3 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Sounds like a rip off to me mate. He wouldn't get my business if it was me. I was charged a token fee (couple hundred dollars fee) for getting the bike ready to take home after purchase.
Good luck with it though.
Jeffro

post #4 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Don't know about other UK owners but I was charged no additional costs on top of the advertised sales price

To be fair, my kwak dealer sourced my tail tidy, radiator guard and paddock stands for me, got a discount on them and they fitted the tail tidy free of charge

Rob
post #5 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
He is ripping you off. The negotiated price plus tax & lic is all you should pay.
post #6 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
New member with a question about order

Sounds like a bad deal to me...I agree with the other UK guys, I basically used my 2014 ZX14 as a trade in against a new 2016 H2 and had the remainder on 0% finance (amazing deal IMO) there were no hidden charges whatsoever, just a small home delivery fee (my choice as dealer 170 miles away) and the discounted H2 Ninja paddock stands and tank protector i chose as options. Unless things work very differently in the US I would walk away and source elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lamf1969; 01-05-2017 at 06:34 PM.
post #7 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Do not wish to jeopardize order, but

Thank You for your input. Yes, I thought there was a rat in the woodpile.
I sent a letter to Mr. Bill Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Sales, Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., asking that either my H2 be shipped to another dealer, or I be allowed to take delivery ďAS SHIPPEDĒ, and prepare it myself. That was three weeks ago, and as yet no response.
I do not wish to jeopardize my order, but Iím thinking of sending a note to the Kawasaki Group Sales who sent me my confirmation notice. Think I can pull this off? FYI This dealership has never sold an H2
post #8 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Just checked my sales order, aside from the price of bike I had:
Prep & Assembly $395
Destination $395
Documentation Free $100
Delivery $400

The bike was price really competitively so I didn't complain at all. If I was paying MSRP I would have had bigger issues.

Is there a reason you're stuck with that particular bike from that particular dealer? I would try to get your deposit back and go elsewhere. 2016s are still fairly easy to find new, so I don't think you'll miss out on a 2017 by looking elsewhere.
post #9 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
HAHA, he is screwing you. Anytime a dealer adds a "prep fee" or for Ducati a "setup fee" that a number the manufacturer specifically denotes as pure profit for a dealer, along with their holdback. Pure profit from you to the dealer.

Also, call Kawi customer service number.

NOLA
post #10 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 order set for Feburary

WOW! This is really cool, again I very much appreciate all your input. Iíve worked with KHI for many years, being a Flight Test Engineer, and I know they not only make fantastically engineered products but this company is very honorable. In fact, I just received an email from Kawasaki Sales that Mr. Jenkins (VP of Sales in North America) is looking into the matter. Iím paying full MSRP, and in the past when I paid the asking price they would give me a number of accessories (rear wheel stands, tank bras, helmets) Anyway Iíll let you know what happens.
u235rh likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page