1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-10-2017, 10:31 PM
H2015

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
TT3 Muffler Mounting Problem

Ok, fitting up a TT3 exhaust, having problems with how the muffler/can bolts on. If anyone with this system can help...

A flat metal plate with a hole at each end is provided to attach to the muffler mount bracket and apparently somewhere on the rear set footpeg mount. I cannot get the muffler to align correctly so this plate will fit on it and what I have been told by TT3 is the footpeg mount bolt - which is actually the bolt that holds on the rear foot brake pedal. The only point I can see that it may fit is a bolt hole, with no bolt in it, just above the brake pedal mount, and is part of the moulded rear set bracket (make sense?).

No extra bolts/nuts are provided with the set so I'm presuming the OEM exhaust bolts are used. I've been in contact with Andy and he sent me a pic of the muffler mounted, but it doesn't show the actual plate and where it mounts!

Any help appreciated, I have the bike booked in tomorrow to get the Woolich tuning done. The exhaust system is great and it comes with a DNA filter and spare copper exhaust washers for the header ports.

If I manage to sort this out before hand I'll post up..

Don.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2015 View Post
Ok, fitting up a TT3 exhaust, having problems with how the muffler/can bolts on. If anyone with this system can help...

A flat metal plate with a hole at each end is provided to attach to the muffler mount bracket and apparently somewhere on the rear set footpeg mount. I cannot get the muffler to align correctly so this plate will fit on it and what I have been told by TT3 is the footpeg mount bolt - which is actually the bolt that holds on the rear foot brake pedal. The only point I can see that it may fit is a bolt hole, with no bolt in it, just above the brake pedal mount, and is part of the moulded rear set bracket (make sense?).

No extra bolts/nuts are provided with the set so I'm presuming the OEM exhaust bolts are used. I've been in contact with Andy and he sent me a pic of the muffler mounted, but it doesn't show the actual plate and where it mounts!

Any help appreciated, I have the bike booked in tomorrow to get the Woolich tuning done. The exhaust system is great and it comes with a DNA filter and spare copper exhaust washers for the header ports.

If I manage to sort this out before hand I'll post up..

Don.
I had a bit of an issue fitting it in the right place at first. But then I figured it out. I'll post up a picture tonight when I get home to help you out.

Ride your own ride
post #3 of 19 Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 PM
H2015

Cheers mate

post #4 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 AM
H2015

Cheers mate will await!
post #5 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
You have to remove the foot peg assembly to insert the bolt into the back of it that holds on the bracket. The bolt needs to be short enough to not hit the swingarm. Hope these pics give you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	17442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3561.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	17450  

Ride your own ride
post #6 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 03:28 AM
H2015

Looks similar to what I have tried to sort out, I took off the rear set bracket and put a bolt into that spare hole, with the supplied plate, I am still having difficulty keeping the muffler from touching anything, is the muffler bolt bracket forward of that bolt hole, meaning does the plate attach to the bolt hole, then positioned forward to meet the muffler - if so the securing spring supplied does not have enough distance between the lugs of the muffler and midpipe to be under tension.

I have also contacted Andy again an he is sending a pic of his set up too.

I don't know why I'm having such trouble with this, probably once I get it sorted I'll bang my head on a nearby wall as it will be obvious.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 AM
H2015

Well, got the muffler on, a bit of "encouragement" needed to make the plate bracket and muffler bracket meet but it's there now, thanks H2QIK.

On a side note, after all the mucking around I went to start the bike and...tick..tick..tick...nothing! Pulled everything apart again (fairings etc.) checked under the tank where I had removed the exhaust valve cabling, checked all fuses. Still played up, so rechecked everything, the dash even showed up an E3B code which translates to ECU problem no less!

Went to start it again and it was trying, so checked the battery level - 10.4V, flat battery!!

I'm thinking the battery may be old stock from the dealer, this is a 2015 H2 but still they usually put a new battery in at owner pick-up. I've got it on charge now. It has made me recall a couple of times recently when starting it and how sluggish the turnover was for a couple of seconds.

I have a Lithium battery in the shed that I had used on the zx12r, I may give that a go,

Don.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
If this helps here is a description and pics.

I have bit my tongue for a while on TT3, and this isnt a bash, but Andy doesnt know how his own system mounts up. I had him tell me to disassemble the rear brake lever and the metal plate bolts in there to it. No, it certainly doesnt. There is a spare hole right above the brake lever bolt that it mounts to. Its an M8 threaded hole. USE A M8 X 16MM HEX HEAD BOLT in it.

I actually used Brock's website to understand more about how to mount it because whoever designed Andy's system copied @Brock design. (Page 4 of this link, FIG 14)
http://www.brocksperformance.com/Ins...H2R/996668.pdf

Mine didnt come with any accessory bolts (imagine that) so I had to source them from the local hardware store after I got the bolt size for the back of the brake pedal from Brock. Buy stainless ones and locktite the M8 x 16mm one. The lower bolt I got one with a nylock on the end and a split ring washer to prevent it from backing out (Has to be easy to get off for tire changes).

See pics. And you will have to turn your head to the side to see them because whoever wrote the source code for this page IS A FUKING IMBECILE !....Picture rotation is like elementary C++

NOLA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mount8.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	17506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mount9.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	17514  
post #9 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 07:20 AM
H2015

Thanks Nola, yep I stared at it for a while with my immense mental powers and came up with the same result of using the un-used bolt hole too!

No securing bolts provided here either, but I have a supply of nuts and bolts in the shed luckily.

Started it up today with baffle in, sounds great, and a bit loud, will take baffle out when getting it Woolich tuned next Tuesday, should sound incredible! They will fit a Woolich harness to it so access port for any future tuning will be under the seat.

Don.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
No problemo. Hope it helped at least confirm the mounting points.

Why should it ? It was only $2,500 bucks, you should have to go find the mounting hardware for it.

Yes, its seriously loud without the baffle.

NOLA
Megaton likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page