H2R Exhaust Review - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 70 Old 09-18-2016, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
H2QIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queensland, AU
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
H2R Exhaust Review

Big shout out to Andy Jenkinson of Team T3 Racing for making an amazing exhaust. I am so happy with how it turned out that I thought I would give you guys a review of it

First off, Andy was very easy to get in contact with. He used email or Facebook (preferred method) to give me updates about the manufacturing process of my specific system. He also let me know about other Ninja H2 performance items that are coming in the near future. He used PayPal as his payment method but said card payments will be available shortly. He sent me a receipt for the purchase and gave me an accurate time frame for delivery. Did I mention he ships worldwide? Packaging of the system was great as he used tons of bubble wrap and a big enough box to protect the contents. Not a single scratch on the system when it arrived. I went with the full exhaust and H2R style muffler. I have seen the H2R at a local shop many times and know exactly what the muffler looks like. This is the best looking H2R exhaust you are going to get, hands down.

The exhaust has been on for 3 days now and no signs of leaks from any part of the system. It sounds just as good as it looks because the welds are so smooth. There is a removable baffle installed for street use or tracks that have noise restrictions, or you can take out the baffle to get LOTS of attention. The complete system only weighs about 8.6 kilograms so the weight savings are significant. All hardware is included with new exhaust gaskets. All together it takes about 2 hours to install and is worth every penny. If you are going for the H2R replica look like I am, nothing else will do.

If you want your very own H2R style exhaust, get in contact with Andy Jenkinson on Facebook or Email andyj.tt3racing@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0117.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	13002   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0116.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	13010   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0106.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	13018   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0107.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	13026   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	13034  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	13042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0108.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	13050   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0113.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	13058   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0115.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	13066  
Flipr, selenap, Simon0721 and 4 others like this.

Ride your own ride
H2QIK is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 70 Old 09-18-2016, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
H2QIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queensland, AU
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sorry, its been raining for the last few days, so no good audio of running or fly-by, but i will have it up once the weather clears. I will get it dyno tuned in a few weeks and will post the results.

Ride your own ride
H2QIK is online now  
post #3 of 70 Old 09-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Flipr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Melb,Australia
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Looks really good mate !!!!!
Flipr is offline  
 
post #4 of 70 Old 09-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire UK
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2QIK View Post
Big shout out to Andy Jenkinson of Team T3 Racing for making an amazing exhaust. I am so happy with how it turned out that I thought I would give you guys a review of it

First off, Andy was very easy to get in contact with. He used email or Facebook (preferred method) to give me updates about the manufacturing process of my specific system. He also let me know about other Ninja H2 performance items that are coming in the near future. He used PayPal as his payment method but said card payments will be available shortly. He sent me a receipt for the purchase and gave me an accurate time frame for delivery. Did I mention he ships worldwide? Packaging of the system was great as he used tons of bubble wrap and a big enough box to protect the contents. Not a single scratch on the system when it arrived. I went with the full exhaust and H2R style muffler. I have seen the H2R at a local shop many times and know exactly what the muffler looks like. This is the best looking H2R exhaust you are going to get, hands down.

The exhaust has been on for 3 days now and no signs of leaks from any part of the system. It sounds just as good as it looks because the welds are so smooth. There is a removable baffle installed for street use or tracks that have noise restrictions, or you can take out the baffle to get LOTS of attention. The complete system only weighs about 8.6 kilograms so the weight savings are significant. All hardware is included with new exhaust gaskets. All together it takes about 2 hours to install and is worth every penny. If you are going for the H2R replica look like I am, nothing else will do.

If you want your very own H2R style exhaust, get in contact with Andy Jenkinson on Facebook or Email andyj.tt3racing@gmail.com
How much ?
Brig10r is online now  
post #5 of 70 Old 09-20-2016, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
H2QIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queensland, AU
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brig10r View Post
How much ?
The price was 2200 plus 150 shipping to Australia. It sounds a little steep at first, but if you nitpick the small details, this is the one. You have a $30,000 bike, don't get cheap on the exhaust. You will end up buying 3 different systems trying to get something you are happy with.
astonjenks likes this.

Ride your own ride
H2QIK is online now  
post #6 of 70 Old 09-20-2016, 03:04 AM
Senior Member
 
remal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South West UK
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2QIK View Post
The price was 2200 plus 150 shipping to Australia. It sounds a little steep at first, but if you nitpick the small details, this is the one. You have a $30,000 bike, don't get cheap on the exhaust. You will end up buying 3 different systems trying to get something you are happy with.
can't agree more . and from what I have read and seen this is the system i will be going for in the future
H2QIK and astonjenks like this.

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
remal is online now  
post #7 of 70 Old 09-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
BobC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Garage
The fact that's missing from all the reviews of aftermarket exhaust systems is the noise figure.

Not the power, the weight, how cool they look, nor what they sound like but how many dB's they make.

I run LSR here in England, I set a P.PB.1000 standing-mile record last year and a kilo record this year. We cannot run a bike if it makes more than 106dB at 4,000rpm on a static test. That's it, no argument, you're not running !!!

There are a few owners here fitting slash-cut systems or similar to H2's. You can never open these bike's right up on the road and yet they will never be able to run them at a track. They run the risk of being stopped for an illegal silencer and they get us all a bad name with other road users and legislators. Yet people still buy and fit these systems. Maybe someone could explain.

The person who produces a system for the H2 which does away with the cat, looks like the H2R and isn't too noisy will corner the market and get my business.

Last edited by BobC; 09-21-2016 at 06:54 AM.
BobC is offline  
post #8 of 70 Old 09-21-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
H2QIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queensland, AU
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The fact that's missing from all the reviews of aftermarket exhaust systems is the noise figure.

Not the power, the weight, how cool they look, nor what they sound like but how many dB's they make.

I run LSR here in England, I set a P.PB.1000 standing-mile record last year and a kilo record this year. We cannot run a bike if it makes more than 106dB at 4,000rpm on a static test. That's it, no argument, you're not running !!!

There are a few owners here fitting slash-cut systems or similar to H2's. You can never open these bike's right up on the road and yet they will never be able to run them at a track. They run the risk of being stopped for an illegal silencer and they get us all a bad name with other road users and legislators. Yet people still buy and fit these systems. Maybe someone could explain.

The person who produces a system for the H2 which does away with the cat, looks like the H2R and isn't too noisy will corner the market and get my business.
I may be able to get a sound measurement for you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the measurement taken about 1 meter from the exhaust at 4000rpm?
remal likes this.

Ride your own ride
H2QIK is online now  
post #9 of 70 Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
STRADALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 1,134
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The fact that's missing from all the reviews of aftermarket exhaust systems is the noise figure.

Not the power, the weight, how cool they look, nor what they sound like but how many dB's they make.

I run LSR here in England, I set a P.PB.1000 standing-mile record last year and a kilo record this year. We cannot run a bike if it makes more than 106dB at 4,000rpm on a static test. That's it, no argument, you're not running !!!

There are a few owners here fitting slash-cut systems or similar to H2's. You can never open these bike's right up on the road and yet they will never be able to run them at a track. They run the risk of being stopped for an illegal silencer and they get us all a bad name with other road users and legislators. Yet people still buy and fit these systems. Maybe someone could explain.

The person who produces a system for the H2 which does away with the cat, looks like the H2R and isn't too noisy will corner the market and get my business.
Good questions, I'll try.... Cliche but when referring to sound levels, different strokes for different folks right. And usually people that are replacing the oem exhaust w/ a cat less exhaust want more performance but also much more sound.

I not only "open up my bike on the street", I do it all the time. I also have access to a closed AF runway & the tracks I've been to in the Northeast USA have never had an issue with the sound level of my Brocks full exhaust. Where I live my bike is loud but there's a lot of people running louder w/ no issues from law enforcement. I've been riding 32 years straight, most of that time on bikes as loud if not louder than my H2 and have never gotten so much as a warning or pulled over because of a loud exhaust, cat-less exhausts w/ small mufflers are just very common where I ride. I know it's very different in other parts of the world

To me the H2 OEM muffler & also the cat looked hideous, the muffler is huge and blocked the great looks of the single sided swingarm, the cat looks like a big box that's out of place on such a cool looking bike. The stock system also drowned out too much sound & weighs 36lbs. The Akrapovic muffler is slightly better looking than the USA oem version muffler but not by much & its way too quiet for my taste, plus there's still the cat & performance issue.

I knew I wanted to reflash the bike stage II & I like a loud exhaust. I wanted the added performance but the sound or lack there of & looks had to be fixed as well. If that's what you like, to really hear the machine, it's really hard to put into words how much more fun the H2 is when you can really hear it w/ a full exhaust. I rode my H2 for over 4000 miles w/ the stock exhaust so I got a decent idea for the sounds it makes, I've got 9500 miles on the bike now & it still gives me goosebumps listening to the different noises, the growls while accelerating & during deceleration, the full exhaust doesn't just make the bike louder, it sounds completely different & adds so much to the riding experience.. Inside my helmet I was literally laughing out loud first time I took out the bike w/ the new exhaust.

Exact DB doesn't matter at all to me because I've never had anyone complain and to my own ears BD levels go up & down based even on what helmet I'm wearing that day, or if I'm wearing Bluetooth earplugs, I just knew I wanted it much louder than stock, like how Kawasaki would have made the bike if they weren't hampered by government restrictions.

@H2QIK - Looks really great. Guessing that DBs will be above what the tracks require that Bob runs on.
Supercharged and astonjenks like this.

Last edited by STRADALE; 09-21-2016 at 08:36 AM.
STRADALE is online now  
post #10 of 70 Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
STRADALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 1,134
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Garage
The design of the exhaust, minus the muffler of course looks pretty identical to Brocks full exhaust, the way the headers are shaped, the collectors, dual mid pipe, etc. Brocks has one less weld at the collector. It looks very sharp, really like the slash cut muffler, think that's the closest we've seen to the H2Rs.
STRADALE is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome