9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 01-27-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow AIR IS POWER - DNA Air Filter for the H2

The DNA High-performance air filter is a high-quality next generation multilayer cotton gauze oil impregnated air filter. The filter media is made of 4 layers of high-quality nafta surgical cotton gauze. The cotton is sandwiched between two layers of epoxy coated Marine grade aluminum wire mesh, designed to last a lifetime. The result of the special design and the Hi Tec manufacturing process is a filtration media that has very high flow rates, low restriction, superior dust holding capability, smooths out the air flow stream and lasts a lifetime.

LEARN MORE - CLICK HERE
racer172 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
As good as sprint? It seems to be an unsettled, ongoing debait that I believe turbo329 may be addressing soon. What is your experience with the 2? I went with sprint mostly because I'm not a big fan of oiled filters after the problems the k&n's caused me on my 911 turbo. Maybe it won't affect the h2?
post #3 of 21 Old 01-27-2017, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
The DNA race filter is what I'm running in my bike.
very happy with it.

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Velocity Stacks .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. SBS brake pads .. Lightech gas cap

post #4 of 21 Old 01-27-2017, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I really like my Sprint. I have seen really good results with it on another Superbike I owned. Not hijacking this thread, I actually think DNA is just as good. I only picked Sprint because of past experience. I do think you cant go wrong with DNA, or Brocks. I am not a fanboy, and pretty abrasive sometimes, but EVERY time I emailed Brock's personal email that guy hit me back up within a day and sent really really detailed responses. Thats rare to find from a vendor. I'll keep spending my money with him just because of that.

I just looked at my Sprint filter about an hour ago when I pulled my tube, for a fuking NIGHTMARE carbon fiber/exhaust issue I am still trying to resolve from a vendor on here (I really hope it works out) and it looked mildly dirty and I put about 1,500 miles since last cleaning with a soft brush and air can.

You cant go wrong here.

NOLA
Brock and Jeffro like this.
post #5 of 21 Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
As good as sprint? It seems to be an unsettled, ongoing debait that I believe turbo329 may be addressing soon. What is your experience with the 2? I went with sprint mostly because I'm not a big fan of oiled filters after the problems the k&n's caused me on my 911 turbo. Maybe it won't affect the h2?
Brock sells both filters. In fact, I bought my DNA filter from Brock. He may not be in a position to do a comparison between the two for obvious reasons. To protect his relationship with both manufacturers it might not be in his best interests to publish anything that could hurt sales for one or the other.

On the other hand, I will most certainly dyno the two back to back and post the results..
post #6 of 21 Old 01-28-2017, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
THats interesting what problems did you have regarding the K&N filter?
Please explain?
post #7 of 21 Old 01-28-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocksPerf View Post

The DNA High-performance air filter is a high-quality next generation multilayer cotton gauze oil impregnated air filter. The filter media is made of 4 layers of high-quality nafta surgical cotton gauze. The cotton is sandwiched between two layers of epoxy coated Marine grade aluminum wire mesh, designed to last a lifetime. The result of the special design and the Hi Tec manufacturing process is a filtration media that has very high flow rates, low restriction, superior dust holding capability, smooths out the air flow stream and lasts a lifetime.

LEARN MORE - CLICK HERE
Interested to know more about this air filter? I am at the stage of replacing my filter to a what I hope to be the very best quality money can buy. Is this an oil impregnated type or not? If Kawasaki OEM filter is oil impregnated isn't that style filter a better way to go for the H2? Of course air flow is important but do these DNA and Sprint filters filter to the smallest micron size? And if so how has it been proved? Rather than just hearsay which is cheap, any actual evidence?
In the past for me it's always something that's a personal preference and more often than not had the K&N and serviced it very regularly, but here with the H2 I want the very best, in flow and filtering. Any views?

@NOLA , hey mate you seem very passionate about the Sprint - care to expand to me why you like it so much? I respect a lot of your knowledge from past posts so would love to hear your view on this?
Thanks in advance
Jeffro
post #8 of 21 Old 01-28-2017, 01:19 AM

[QUOTE=NOLA;250554]I really like my Sprint. I have seen really good results with it on another Superbike I owned. Not hijacking this thread, I actually think DNA is just as good. I only picked Sprint because of past experience. I do think you cant go wrong with DNA, or Brocks. I am not a fanboy, and pretty abrasive sometimes, but EVERY time I emailed Brock's personal email that guy hit me back up within a day and sent really really detailed responses. Thats rare to find from a vendor. I'll keep spending my money with him just because of that.

I just looked at my Sprint filter about an hour ago when I pulled my tube, for a fuking NIGHTMARE carbon fiber/exhaust issue I am still trying to resolve from a vendor on here (I really hope it works out) and it looked mildly dirty and I put about 1,500 miles since last cleaning with a soft brush and air can.

You cant go wrong here.

Nola,
Just have to back you up about Brock. Very definetly agree with what you say. I also am no fan boy as you call it and can be very abrasive ( but so be it dickheads) but I can't remember any other vendor in recent times that reply promptly and in lots detail like Brock. A real credit to the guy. When I first joined here I had lots questions for him, and he patiently replied (in detail) Great guy....
Talk you soon mate look forward your view about filtration
Jeffro
post #9 of 21 Old 01-28-2017, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Interested to know more about this air filter? I am at the stage of replacing my filter to a what I hope to be the very best quality money can buy. Is this an oil impregnated type or not? If Kawasaki OEM filter is oil impregnated isn't that style filter a better way to go for the H2? Of course air flow is important but do these DNA and Sprint filters filter to the smallest micron size? And if so how has it been proved? Rather than just hearsay which is cheap, any actual evidence?
In the past for me it's always something that's a personal preference and more often than not had the K&N and serviced it very regularly, but here with the H2 I want the very best, in flow and filtering. Any views?

@NOLA , hey mate you seem very passionate about the Sprint - care to expand to me why you like it so much? I respect a lot of your knowledge from past posts so would love to hear your view on this?
Thanks in advance
Jeffro
DNA is an oil type filter, it does mean the cotton layers are soaked with oil. Sprint filter is a non-oil type, since it's made of polyester and doesn't require oil. For me performance wise they're both great, the major difference is in cleaning. With DNA you have to wash the filter to get rid of all the dirt, let it air dry, and then re-apply the oil layer to trap the dirt again. With sprint, all you have to do is blow it with compressed air and brush off all the dirt. No need to wash and no need to oil the surface. Regard the OEM filter, it's simply a paper filter you have to replace when dirty, and it's very restrictive too, because has around 40% less flowing area compared to DNA or Sprint. Alternative choices could be BMC (same oil style like DNA) or K&N, oiled filter too but I don't like a lot, not because of the quality, but because has a restricted flowing surface similar to OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-K10S15-H2_E1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	14498   Click image for larger version

Name:	KA-9915.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	14506   Click image for larger version

Name:	fm897-04_web.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	14514   Click image for larger version

Name:	P-K10S15-H2-WEB.jpg
Size:	456.9 KB
ID:	14522   Click image for larger version

Name:	56f3d283-d21c-4bd5-91f1-705c3e958e54.png
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	14530  

Jeffro likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 01-28-2017, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
@Jeffro

I am not sure if I am as passionate as I am just following the leader on it. The majority of guys on the Ducati boards, and myself use the Sprint 08 on their 1199,1299's and the 16 on the track bikes. Its a really widely used filter in Moto GP. Does that mean that they just pay the most to be a sponsor, maybe. But im hard pressed to think guys at the highest levels of competition, looking for every last HP, would go with an inferior filter regardless of sponsorship. I used it on my other bike and had zero issues, everybody who used it found performance gains (Over stock filter). On the other side. I have a oil impregnated filter on my supercharged truck and it works for me. The cleaning and oiling does have its drawbacks, but thats all that's available for my application. In the overall I will go with the one that a ton of racers use and I have previous empirical data from.

Look at number 11.
Sprint Filter - The Best Air Filter - info@sprintfilter.com

Again, both will do a way better job over the OEM cotton one. and some vendors are WAY different than others.

NOLA
Jeffro likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page