View Single Post
post #7 of Old 08-28-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
STRADALE

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Didn't think it warranted a new thread so I'm posting here.....With the H2 I always wear racing boots & the TCX EVOs I posted about here already are great but there's been days when I'm off the bike for hours walking around. I found a pair of riding boots that are like a hybrid between boots & sneakers. They don't have the shin/full protection of the full on racing boot but do offer a lot more protection than every day sneakers. I wore them last night for first time & can't say enough positive things about them. I also found that they gave me a little more feedback on the bike, even makes finding Neutral just slightly easier than my racing boots.

I almost dropped the H2 a few weeks back when my boot got caught up on the aggressive ledge at the edge of the peg when I came to a sudden full stop, leaning one direction. I've since heard from 2 guys that dropped their bikes at full stops because they were wearing shoes with laces which got caught on the plate next to pegs (where the inside of your foot rests) & that prevented them from putting a foot down. One guy (my Kawi Service Manager w/ a Mint ZX-14) said it was "like a slow motion nightmare"... So when I came across these boots that have a strap that contains the laces I figured I'd try them out, glad I did. They are slightly heavier than high top sneakers, they're nicely padded inside, very comfy but w/ solid ankle protection. True to size, American figment. I have a slightly wide foot & they're great so probably wouldn't work if you have narrow feet. Icon is not known for high quality apparel compared to say Dainese or AlpineStars but these are from their 1000 line which is their best quality. Double stitched. Steel shank. CE rated. In hand you can tell they're really well made. Only $200.

"ICON TRUANT 1000
Full grain leather upper
Axialmetric steel shank
Slip-resistant rubber sole
Internal ankle protection
Adjustable midfoot stabilizer strap
Low-profile lacing system
CE rated"

Last edited by STRADALE; 08-28-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Search Tags for this Page

ninja h2 forum

kawasaki ninja h2 forum
kawasaki ninja h2
ninja h2 specs
ninja h2 pics
ninja h2 msrp
ninja h2r

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome